2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My car has took a heck of a battering from all the grit and gravel over the winter has anyone any ideas where i can get some touch up paint or know of any decent spray shops or touch up suggestions ?? i would go to Honda Devries but think they will just have my life :confused:

Cheers Dekka

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
My previous Civic in NHB looked like the bonnet had been sprayed white when I changed it!

You're fighting a losing battle!:sinking:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nightmare ive used some Black T Cut but it still aint great im seriously regretting getting a black car will be silver next time :(

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Get a Turtle Wax Chip Stick...Its particularly good at covering up stone chips on a black car....

failing that...Halfords do a repair kit

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh mate its awful Ive rang up Halfords theyve got a Subcontract with a company called Shine prices start from 65.00 to remove the chips or scratches.You just need to pop into a Halfords Shop and theyll give you a quote. Think ill go tommorow or alternatively you can buy the touch up paint from halfords at £10.50 but i rather pay the extra and get it done by a proffesional. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's not just the Euro Civic's. The US models have the same dreaded rock chip problem as well.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Honda touch up paint from the dealer is very cheap, it will see you through until the inevitable respray is needed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Just dont understand why the FN2 is so vunerable to Stone chips ?? My mate has a Black EP3 and its on an 03 Plate he has no problems apart from swirls. Have Honda used a cheaper/watered down paint ??? :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not wait until you sell your car, you'll have to do it all over again?

I suppose its not much fun looking at it though.:(
It aint mate and my mate who own's a garrage has told me to wait as well but im like a kid I just cant wait. How much do you think itd be for a Bonet respray and 2 x wings ??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Think what ill do is take a Picture with the stonechips then take it to Halfords let them see if they can tidy it up then take another picture ill post em once job done. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would touch up the larger ones with the honda touch up paint. Try to put a small amount in the centre of chip, then before it is fully hard, polish the 'over paint' off using a very light abrasive polish such as Auto Glym Super Resin Polish. (you can also thin the 'overpaint' area out by dragging the side of your thumb over the still wet paint, this leaves paint in the chip and not much to polish off on the existing paint, just like using polyfilla!!!)

After a bit of practise, (which you'll get plenty of with the civic!), you'll just be left with a small painted dimple, with no 'over paint' surrounding the chip. Just keep repeating until your happy with the result.

P.S Alabaster Silver is also a mare for stone chips

·
Registered
51 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts