2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a play on a closed m way yesterday with a mk5 R32

It was behind me so not sure how hard he was trying but i could not pull away. I was loaded up with golf clubs and a full stoptech kit.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Not surprised you couldn't pull away as they are more powerful and higher torque levels so on drag races or high speed runs (motorway) he should ruin you but the fact he didn't shows type r's engineering is awesome. Take him to some b roads and watch him disappear in your rear view. Plus he's probably using double the fuel you are :D

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
^^This^^
I looked at an R32 a week before i got my R and don't regret it i love it, the type r always feels alive compared to the golf, yes it has the comfy ride but 247BHP from a 3.2 engine says it all yes you have a base to build on and they do sound mean but only 47bhp more than a non turbo'd engine :p what were VW thinking of.

·
Registered
379 Posts
He's over 200kg for a start you, depends on situation was it from a roll and was you in vetc when you both put your foot down etc I'd say type r all day, when I had my Clio 197 I beat one from the line and once we where going I was slowly pulling away, so I'd say from that result type r would win

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were both doing about 70 and i was in vtech when foot down ! I could not pull away

·
Registered
379 Posts
We were both doing about 70 and i was in vtech when foot down ! I could not pull away
Can't help you there then not too sure but my guess it shouldn't be happening as its prob around same power at the wheels as the civic but heavier, look at it this way it's 4wd and 240bhp and only hit 0-62 same time as type r and that's using it's heavy 4wd to launch if it didn't launch it would take around 8 seconds lol, has he had any mods? Is yours standard?

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
i had the same thing a few weeks back with the same car, was proper on it, left him at the corners easy, pulled out 5-600 yards then he caught me in a blink, couldnt work it out as ive way more than a r32, but met him a few days ago at a shopping centre and turns out he's running some chip thing that gives him over 340bhp! still cant corner though..lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
i had the same thing a few weeks back with the same car, was proper on it, left him at the corners easy, pulled out 5-600 yards then he caught me in a blink, couldnt work it out as ive way more than a r32, but met him a few days ago at a shopping centre and turns out he's running some chip thing that gives him over 340bhp! still cant corner though..lol
+1 No way a standard r32 would beat a type r lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it did and it was out of the factory spec. Iwas on it big time, running group n so was in v tech all the time and ran into the red line

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well it did and it was out of the factory spec. Iwas on it big time, running group n so was in v tech all the time and ran into the red line
Closest match I can find for you same engine in a tt and very very close in weight look at the result
The more the revs the further the type r pulls away

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To be fair we didnt go over 150kms looks like the tt was with it untill then ish-pluss i was loaded up

·
Registered
379 Posts
To be fair we didnt go over 150kms looks like the tt was with it untill then ish-pluss i was loaded up
Yes you being loaded up won't help at all lol, on this vid the set off from 3,000rpm where that engine is better as it has more torque but once going it caught up looks like on this vid the type r was in the wrong gear but then it wouldn't of been a race from 3,000 lol

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
You couldn't pull away because he was matching your speed im sure if he wanted he could of gone around you, the R32 has some good torque levels so this would of helped especially if it was on a long straight. Mind you if he was on your arse i'll be betting it wasn't standard as it seemed he was teasing you to go faster, you get this all the time when you have a type r people have heard about them and want to constantly try and race, best to let them go as deepdown we all know we would rinse them.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts

Lol. He's having you on pal. 32s get about 10- 15bhp from a map

1 - 20 of 73 Posts