2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
First ever post, almost certainly not the last. My wife has just knocked the wing mirror off her recently acquired 03 Type S. I looked round the breakers locally for a second hand one but they are all Type R.

Can I just put a type R one on? Are they the same and is it easy ? (I'm pretty good mechanically)

Thanks for the help.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Hello!
First ever post, almost certainly not the last. My wife has just knocked the wing mirror off her recently acquired 03 Type S. I looked round the breakers locally for a second hand one but they are all Type R.

Can I just put a type R one on? Are they the same and is it easy ? (I'm pretty good mechanically)

Thanks for the help.
They're all the same, other than some are electrically folding and some are not ...

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Hello!

Thanks for the help.
Yes - if it's just a cover...

03 Suggest's it'll be pre-face (No inbuilt indicators on the wing mirrors) so it should just be the casing.. relative ely easy swap.

IIRC, The Type-S' weren't powerfolding, moreso because the Type-R's weren't IIRC.

The JDM's were though unlike the UKDM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. Very helpful couple of posts. I think it is more than the casing as the swivel action friction device is broken. I will go ahead and get hold of an Type R mirror as that seems to be what is available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts