2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people

ive had my 09 Type S GT a few years now, and is till haven't been able to find any sort of maintenance manual for it.
i had a recommend from another forum about a guy selling cd's on ebay but it turned out to be total BS, there was nothing on it.
as far as i know Haynes hasn't created one.

so i was just wondering if anyone has managed to get there hands on a decent Haynes style manual, make the own maintenance a little easier.

cheers people.

j

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Wait, we get a manual? Where is this? Is it useful for a noob who hesitates to clean his egr valve?
And as a bonus the location of the secret pen compartment is also revealed (have a search on here as it is often discussed)
Best £5 you will spend

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
And as a bonus the location of the secret pen compartment is also revealed (have a search on here as it is often discussed)
Best £5 you will spend
I thought the secret pen compartment was a myth, foretold in legend during the time of the 7th generation civic? I heard men were driven mad searching for a button or latch that would reveal the Pen of Legend, but their search found them nothing but suffering and broken finger nails, until they could no longer take the torment and bought a vauxhall....

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
It has been written in the stones that some men were driven to such fate, others persevered and the myth became reality and they held aloft the mighty pen. Still have mine as it happens, i should really have replaced it when i sold the 8g but i just stuck a wee note in the compartment instead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so help me out here, where this mystery manual suppose to come from, just by supporting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts
ok so help me out here, where this mystery manual suppose to come from, just by supporting?

yes when you become a supporter you will then be able to go into the supporters section, then you will see;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, thing is im still trying to sort this tapatalk app out, cant seem to create new topics, as soon as i can get that sorted.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
eBay won't enligten you. Written in the legends there is mythical town called Swindon. You must look for a large building text that glows red in the dark and it reads HONDA. Here is where you will find everything you want to know about the legend. Be warned you'll have to get a job there for the secrets to be revealed and to obtain a manual.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys, just wondering if anyone has successfully fitted heated seat switches to their type s mk8 i want to do it, looking to get the parts, was just wondering if anyone could tell me before i start if everything else is fitted, like usual on cars it just needs plugging in?

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
I haven't seen anyone who's managed to do this. You'll need more than just the console switches - wiring, relay(s) and then different seats with the OEM heater elements built in.

Would be quite a job but achievable, I'd recommend an auto electrician at least checks its safe.

The aftermarket elements don't appear to be reliable with many burning out, going up on smoke, etc

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aaaa, was kinda hoping the wiring and relays at least would be pre-installed, ok well will have to get my hands on a working manual and figure it out. somehow.
while im on here, i had my inflation indicator come up last night, found one tyre down, adjusted it, but its still there, after reading my manual, it seems like i have to manually reset and initialize the system, correct?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts