1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

Just found this at Honda Media regarding the new 3-door, Type "S" at:

http://www.hondauk-media.co.uk/protected/releases/2006/50648hon.htm

Note the blurb about wider track and retuned suspension, plus details about NCAP results (very good).

Also, there's a piccie of a Type R concept in traditional white, along with confirmation that the new CTR will only produce 200BHP.

Plus they'll be a softened GT version. Dilution of the Type "R" brand me thinks...

Autocar also has photos of the Type "S" on their site if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interior Changes

Just noticed the different stitching on the steering wheel and seats. Apart from that, haven't noticed any other changes to interior.

·
您看了
456 Posts
Very nice find there :D

I gotta point out though.... in the Type-R section I actually theorized a while back that Honda would be launching a 3 door "Type-S" to come in below the "Type-R" in the model range and bridge the gap.

:D
(Walks away whistling smuggly.....)

Another question......

This car is the same size as the 5 door and has the same wheelbase etc.

so whats to stop us fitting the Type-S lower front grille/side skirts/rear valence? There must be a chance of these bits fitting with relative ease? (Might need the wheelarch trim bits too)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's quite a clever marketing ploy to make the Civic 3-door more appealing to younger drivers. After all, a nice big red "S" badge, will further distance the car from the "blue rinse brigade".

What's most interesting to me is the final paragraph re. the CTR. It's as though they're already apologising for the lack of extra grunt i.e. no 220bhp. Here's the quote:

"Aggressive styling, responsive steering, intuitive handling and greater in-cabin refinement will all be key characteristics. And although maximum engine power remains the same as the outgoing Civic Type R, Honda’s engineers have further developed the 200PS 2.0-litre engine".

I think Honda realise full well that most CTR fans will be disappointed that output hasn't been raised (most posts I've read both here and on other Civic related sites were optimistic that Honda were simply being cagey and would announce an increase of some sort).

Looks like that won't happen now though :-( In all likelihood, what do you think further development means? Sharper throttle response, remapping of ECU?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Civpilot,

Probably not alot to stop you from replacing front/side bits and bobs, apart from cost that is!

However, is it my imagination or are the rear triangular tailpipes set at different angles? Look here:

http://www.hondauk-media.co.uk/protected/releases/2006/50648-a-hon-.jpg

Also, are the indicator clusters at the rear red rather than orange? Or is that just a trick of the light?

Luckily, I've actually ordered the Grand Prix package for mine, which is actually more aggressive looking at the front (IMHO) than the Type S.

Type S does look sorted though I must say!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
jayt43 said:
Civpilot,

Probably not alot to stop you from replacing front/side bits and bobs, apart from cost that is!
And the 3 door / 5 door issues....

Nice looking car - but of course wouldn't suit many. The Type-R will suit the 3 door petrol market, and those who want a practical car will no doubt stick to the 5 door diesel.

Good find, btw!

·
您看了
456 Posts
Don't really agree Pottsy,

I wanted a practical car but bought the 5 door petrol..... diesel doesnt interest me :p :lol:

·
Registered
975 Posts
in my oppinion i prefer what the image and grand prix pack give.

I WANT TO STRESS HOW GLAD I AM THAT THIS LOOKS REALLY QUITE BAD IMO (BECAUSE I HAVE A 5 DOOR), IT JUST DOSENT LOOK RIGHT
-ODD PROPORTIONS
-FUNNY COLOUR AND TAKY SIDE SKIRTS ETC.

anyway its still good just not as nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts