2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here. I have a 56 plate mk8 civic ex but I'm not a fan of the plastic arches around the car. I know I could look for parts from a newer civic as they are painted but if I'm going to do that, I was wondering if it was possible to fit type s skirts and bumpers to a 5 door as I prefer the look of the type s to a standard.
I'm just wondering if this is possible to do and if anyone has any experience or knowledge on how I could go about it?

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Very possible buddy as this is exactly my plan too. The front and rear splitters are a direct swap, the wheel arches take a bit of adapting as the clips are in different places, the skirts from the 3 door S/R onto a 5 door are a simple swap but do leave a space between the skirt and the car by the back doors which can easily be plugged with fibreglass and filler, I believe the spoiler needs gluing or attempting to drill holes through the glass half spoiler it already has.

There are quite a few how toos on the forum about this very thing, your best bet would be to get in contact with local breakers yards and see if you can sources the parts, either that or ebay but type s/r (they r the same) conversion parts don't tend to be cheap.

All good fun!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
You rang...the Type R conversion is a beltin mod, it transformed the look of my old gal. Well I think it did and that's all that matters!

The 3 door Type R/S trim will even fit a 5 door, how handy is that.

I sourced my trim slowly from breakers and then got it sprayed. You could but new (quicker) for similar money unless you get a great deal on the used parts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just checked your car out. This is EXACTLY what I'm looking to do. Thank a lot for the advice, much appreciated. Also, I've noticed you said you had a stage 1 remap on your profile. I've tried looking before but as it's a n/a engine, I didn't think it would be worth/possible doing. Has its made a difference? I'm mainly looking to improve MPG, but possibly give it a bit more oomph too... Thanks again mate!

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Thanks. Go for the trim change, it's soooo worth it.

My car is a derv mate, which is much easier to tune than a 1.8 ;)

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I'm with Farqui on this one, my derv will be going through the full type r look once I've got the bits. And remapping the 1.8 is a bit of a waste of money you are right.

Farqui, how much did you end up having to shell out for your respray?? My local paint shop has offered £1500 but I'm guessing this seems quite cheap for a good job??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
My Type R trim cost £300 to be sprayed by a pal of a pal who's in the trade. They came out really well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts