2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some quick iPhone pics that i took of my new type s today after giving it a nice helping of AG HD Wax.

Ill put a before pic up at the weekend but its on another camera basically i went to goodwood and it got filthy with dust from the field was a sand coloured car before the clean :p

Attachments

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
That is one sexy car, lovely colour . Also a belated welcome to ciVinfo :cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the comments, as for a step by step its quite short as i was having a lazy day and just wanted to try out my new wax.

1, Hose and wash with Meguiars gold class shampoo
2, Dry off with Meguiars towel
3, Meguiars claybar (only did the bonnet and noticed hardly anything coming off so gave up)
4, Autoglym Glass polish apply and remove prior to anything else as quite dusty)
5, Applied Autoglym HD wax left to cure for 15-30 minutes before removing
6, Waited 2 hours (had some lunch - can wait an hour) Applied second layer of AG HD Wax again waiting 15-30 minutes before removing

And job done.

I want to use a cleaner before waxing next time but for now i think the result is brilliant, previously i had been using meguiars gold class wax and it just wasnt getting the flake pop i wanted, it felt like owning a black car :(

But now im suitably impressed even out of the sun you could tell the car was bronze :)

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I polished mine with autoglym before the summer and it looked stunning! its a great colour! on dull days it just looks black and in the sun the whole car looks bronze! it looks amazing in the sun!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was starting to panic when i walked out of Goodwood i just started seeing car after car getting worse and worse and all i like to have is a clean car. But i took some pics with an SLR so ill get them up at the weekend should be a laugh.

Its a great colour and not that common

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thought id share with you the before photos.

Goodwood was certainly dusty

Attachments

·
**Generating Gloss**
1,280 Posts
Ewwww! I would've cried if my car was like that! You did a great job of tidying it up. I promise you that I was caked in more dust than that after walking up to the rally stage in a summer dress lol :) unfortunately I couldn't bring myself back to a lovely shine as your CTR :D

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Well you definitely did a good job of cleaning your car :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts