2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to the forum (obviously!), having just bought the above on a '57' reg with approx 48k and FSH.

Possibly a daft move at this precise moment as I have last night sold my Audi A4 S-Line Avant TDi quattro 170bhp estate, which had 33k from new, with new winter tyres on; I live on the edge of the Peak District, and the forecast aint good!

Anyway, my previous cars include, in no particular order, a Triumph Spitfire which I restored, a Skoda Fabia vRS SE with 170bhp, another A4 Avant TDi S-Line, 3x BMW estates (inc an MSport with 177bhp) etc etc.

First things on the agenda are a new door mirror and a full genuine mat set (the car is pretty much mint, as per all my cars, but I like new genuine stuff) and a new pair of tyres.

Now, 2 questions, unrelated to each other;
which tyres suit the Civic best (part of me wants Toyo Proxes, but also considering Bridgestones, all from Blackcircles)

Secondly, I am truly happy with the Civic, its power and torque is not bad a standard, but I'm looking for an upgrade;
any suggestions / experience that might guide me, eg SuperChips, Tunit etc etc?

Look forward to being an active member

Tracy B

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Hello & welcome![smilie=hiya.gif]

I had one of these on my Astra CDTi & the difference in power was night & day
Honda Civic Accord 2.2 CTDI 140PS Diesel Tuning Chip | eBay

The Civic cdti does suffer with clutch issue on some models that have been tuned.

Some people on here will call the tuning box & say go for a ECU flash, but I had no issues what so ever with my tuning box. Cheaper ones are available on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civ...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb138be90

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Hi and welcome. I bought my car from Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield.

As for tyres, on a budget i's say Falken FK452 or Toyo T1R, bit more expensive i'd suggest Continetal Contactsport 3 or Goodyear F1 Assymetrics.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
cool im in barlborough chessie.

im looking to upgrade to an audi a4 2tdi s line around the 55 reg plate . but even with the s line kit it doesnt come close as the civic ex spec which is holding me back from upgrading.

fy civic ex spec has
climate
cruise
europe sat nav
reverse camera
xenon
6 speed box
1800cc petrol
8sec 0-60 mph (think a4 2tdi has advertised 0-60mph time of 12 secs)
mp3 cd
bluetooth handsfree

where as the s line spec has more aesthetic toys and doesnt even touch the civic's EX spec.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

I'm gradually working my way around the forum, so will no doubt read lots of posts with 'for' and 'against' tuning boxes or remaps :)

I couldnt remember what tyres the Type S-GT came with as standard, and with the cars we've had (inc TVR 5.0 Chimera, Sierra RS500, Audi ** Quattro etc) I have experience of all sorts, some good all-round, some good in the wet, some in the dry, some for track days etc.

Des anyone know the O.E.M tyre fitment on these?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Crikey,
That's a lot warmer welcome than when my husband joined 2 Audi forums (no names, no pack drills but one is for 'Classic' Audi's and one is a forum for 'quattros').
Glad the A4 is gone (although the 4wd and winter tyres might be missed this weekend) but the mpg for the Civic is currently averaging 10mpg better than the Audi (albeit 170bhp and 4wd vs 138bhp and fwd...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Forgot to add, my hubbies Impreza WR1 has a dedicated owners club which is quite quiet. Which is only to be expected with only 500 made and only half that number surviving.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Areet.[smilie=gt-happyup.:
I ran with Bridgestone RE070's on my Impreza but due to a wheel upgrade I changed to Toyo Proxes T1R's.
The bridgestone's were better in the dry, but overall (taking into account how much crap weather we get) I would recomend the Toyo's any day.

I'm thinking of a change from the standard 18" wheel, Bridgestone set up at the moment and would deffinately wrap my new wheels in the Toyo's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks!
I'm going to have a float around Blackcircles and Camskill, to see what deals they have on;
my husband ran some Toyo Proxes on his RS500 (on refubished rims, the original wheels and tyres were kept locked in the loft) and really rated them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.