2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got round to installing my Kenwood Dnx9280bt GPS Headunit this past weekend. Took me around 3 Hours from start to finish, never attempted anything like this on my own before so was a little apprehensive to begin with but once I got cracking everything seemed pretty straightforward. Used the Genuine Honda fascia from Impulse, a Big Thanks to Bob from Impulse for all his assistance when I called him with a couple of questions, he was more than helpful. Will try to upload a couple of pictures of my handiwork when I get time. Anyone considering doing a Double Din install themselves but aren't that confident give it a go, it's easier than you would imagine & it'll save ya a few quid.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
That's my next project for my car, and like yourself Ill be wanting to do it myself (don't trust the car with garages who wont give it the time it deserves for a proper job done).

What part of the installation did you get stuck on that you had to ring Impulse for assistance?

Also - is it just a straight swap for the original stereo, put on the new fascia and you're done? Or is there more to be done if there is a sat nav in the Double Din?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya fellas Thanks for the responses. The phone call to Impulse was about the steering wheel volume controls, once I had wired everything in & tested it all with the ignition on for the first time the clock, date & climate controls were all working but the volume controls were not, a quick call to Bob at impulse & a bit of advice & all was working correctly within minutes ( Thanks again Bob ). There isn't anything majorly different about a Double Din with Sat Nav other than the Gps aerial lead that just plugs into the rear of the unit, I've concealed mine underneath the flat piece of dash trim in front of the heating/ climate control info screen. Will try to get some pics up tomorrow, been very busy at work so far this week. Hope this info helps Guys, any other questions give me a shout. All the best with the installs Chaps.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there all, as promised here are some pics of my Kenwood Double Din install, as mentioned before I used the Genuine Honda fascia from impulse as I felt that to do a proper job it warranted the extra cash for the Honda fascia. A bit of prep work was needed to install the 103mm cage in the fascia then fitted the Headunit in the cage & installed the whole fascia & Headunit in one. I followed the wiring diagram supplied by Impulse with the fascia kit & then once it was all tested & working ok I assembled the fascia back into the dash & replaced all the gear surround trim & centre console. I have also connected an IPod/ usb connection lead that is hidden in the little slot with the pull down door underneath the Headunit. That works a treat when I fancy playing some tunes from my IPod. Sounds way better than the OEM stereo unit. Hope this will be of some help to others looking to do their own Double Din Installs. Hope you like the pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to hear that mate but on the plus side you can get an immense feeling of satisfaction when you sit back & admire your handiwork ..............Twice lol. I must say I did enjoy doing mine too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts