2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I have been kicking around these forums for a while and have made a few changes to my type S. I am looking at fitting some Eibach lowering springs as the stock suspension is shocking, crashy and I want a bit better handling as I have lots of lovely A roads around home :D:D:D:D

Found these from poland, great price, My main question being how much will these actually lower the type S? I have seen forums and saved some on this but I cannot find what I'm after after scouring!

If anyone can point me in the right direction or link to another forum/thread I would be greatfull.

These are the springs in question: Eibach ProKit Lowering Springs, Honda Civic FN2, FN1 Type-R CHEAP-FAST DELIVERY | eBay

looking to get them ordered pretty much straight away.

Thanks guys,
Chris :)

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I bought mine from a German eBay shop, forget their name though. Excellent price and service, very quick delivery. Around £110 delivered I think?
Drops my car about 25mm

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Will be ordering myself a set this week! Was going to open my own thread about those Polish ones actually so thank you for that link....is the drop noticeable? Also Ive got 20mm spacers all around will this be a problem? Rubbing etc (non intentional hijack)

·
Premium Member
266 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Oh yeah my bad

·
drives a shed now
1,433 Posts
Will be ordering myself a set this week! Was going to open my own thread about those Polish ones actually so thank you for that link....is the drop noticeable? Also Ive got 20mm spacers all around will this be a problem? Rubbing etc (non intentional hijack)
Did purchase mine from a German dealer and can't fault the service - 4 days and they arrived. I bought Vogtland springs but they have Eibach's for £123 + free standard delivery to UK
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Sp...710424?hash=item1e9ddfd358:g:Pz0AAOSw7ThUga5M

I've been running 35mm drop all round with 8x18 et40's with no rubbing.
Springs weren't fully settled when I took these
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels...-fitted-vogtland-35mm-springs-drop-links.html

Make sure you get alignment checked after fitting

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the last set at the cheap price sorry guys really excited to get them fitted :D

·
drives a shed now
1,433 Posts
I bought the last set at the cheap price sorry guys really excited to get them fitted :D
lol that happened to me, so got Vogtlands from pbt-racing instead - Thomas is extremely helpful.

Quality springs are a must have mod! The little S handles sooo much better :)

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol that happened to me, so got Vogtlands from pbt-racing instead - Thomas is extremely helpful.

Quality springs are a must have mod! The little S handles sooo much better :)
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how she handles with them, I have only heard good things. I was starting to fall out of love with the 1.8 a bit so I'm trying to rekindle the fire haha...

Reactions: onearmbandit

·
Premium Member
266 Posts

Ordered the ones from the second link from ze Germans came to £106 quid or €150 should be here in about 11 days can't wait to fit them

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ordered the ones from the second link from ze Germans came to £106 quid or €150 should be here in about 11 days can't wait to fit them

Make sure you get some pictures put up mate! My dad is my mechanic... and he goes away on thursday for 10 days. Going to have to wait at least two weeks haha :(

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Had an email this morning saying they have no stock until January even though there is 8 available on the sale page so have had a refund....will have to order them from elsewhere

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Had an email this morning saying they have no stock until January even though there is 8 available on the sale page so have had a refund....will have to order them from elsewhere
That's pretty appalling, especially for an eBay seller. I would be leaving neutral feedback at best.

If the other two links I posted don't work out, I find searching for the Eibach part number (E10-40-011-01-22) with descriptions included gives the best results.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
That's pretty appalling, especially for an eBay seller. I would be leaving neutral feedback at best.

If the other two links I posted don't work out, I find searching for the Eibach part number (E10-40-011-01-22) with descriptions included gives the best results.

I thought that myself...will wait for the PayPal refund to clear first should be done quite quickly and then I will order a set from another supplier bound to find one that won't let me down haha! Thanks for the help [smilie=coolup.gif]

1 - 20 of 57 Posts