2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I had Eibachs fitted to my Type S a couple of days ago, my wheels are 18x8 ET40 and coming home under moderate to heavy braking I heard a bit of scraping from the front which is something I wasn't expecting, are my shocks on the way out? (They're still the originals with 70k miles on them).

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

Look what has just shown up :D

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
How is eibach lowering springs with two passengers on back or 50 kg on boot ,has anyone noticed any difference?

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Eibachs were a massive let down for me, scraping and not enough ground clearance even over speed bumps, they were still a compromise, hence why I removed them in favour of vastly superior coilovers.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Unfortunately it is just that a compromise... I can't spare the money for coilies so springs will have to do previous clio mk3 was lowered 45 mm on springs haha! Used to scrape like hell...so would put up with a bit of it mainly aesthetics I'm going for

·
Premium Member
266 Posts

Look what has just shown up :D
I am jelous...still awaiting the PayPal refund to go into my bank....3 seconds to exit 3 years to return ***...can't wait to get mine! How much are your locals asking to fit them (unless you do it yourself) my local has told me £50 cash to fit them have used them before but for 50 quid it's worth getting them to do it

·
drives a shed now
1,433 Posts
Totally agree coilovers are superior. I can't speak for Eibachs as never had them. Fitted vogtland 35mm springs myself which are superior to OEM and not had any issues with scraping on my CTS. And running 8x18 et40's no rubbing either.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I am jelous...still awaiting the PayPal refund to go into my bank....3 seconds to exit 3 years to return ***...can't wait to get mine! How much are your locals asking to fit them (unless you do it yourself) my local has told me £50 cash to fit them have used them before but for 50 quid it's worth getting them to do it
Yeah I have to agree as above coils are loads better but too expensive for me! My old man is a mechanic so it's all free :D got quoted £90 at a local mechanic my mate works for though.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Yeah I have to agree as above coils are loads better but too expensive for me! My old man is a mechanic so it's all free :D got quoted £90 at a local mechanic my mate works for though.

That's really handy haha! the backs look so easy to change but it's the fronts I'd be scared to **** up

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
That's really handy haha! the backs look so easy to change but it's the fronts I'd be scared to **** up
Yeah the back ones do look really easy but I wouldn't want to do the fronts myself. Just wait for my dad to do it, give him a hand and put it up on the ramp. Easy peasy

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Re ordered a set from a different supplier €154 euros or roughly £108 so should be here within 10wkds cant wait to get them on

Lamberto - when are you getting yours fitted?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Anything else I should replace on the car whilst I've got it apart changing the springs? Other than the obvious with the brakes if they need doing

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hey guys - finally managed to get these fitted in the past week... due to working away, moving house and various other reasons its took me months to get them fitted. aaaaaaaaaand they are bloody amazing!

Such an improvement over the stock springs, I couldn't reccommend upgrading to the eibach pros more!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I couldn't agree more such an improvement...less crashy and car feels planted....is your car scraping as much as mine?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
No arch rubbing or anything like that but it doesn't like speedbumps whatsoever..servicing her in the next 2 week so will inspect the underside for battlescars

21 - 40 of 57 Posts