2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Joined this site month or so ago. Would be interested in any general feed-back from fellow "Type S" owners.

Good points and Bad points!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Signum,

I've only had mine just over 3 months, 4,000miles and so far it's great. Don't have any tricky stories, couple of small moans, that's it.

bad points

The dash scratches too easily, and in fact was already scratched when i received the car brand new. Minor but annoying.
Seats don't return to their original position when you access the rear seats, forever adjusting, but again very minor.
Get some mats if you haven't already, my carpets were starting to wear after only 3 months, put some in last week. 45quid on ebay for Honda originals.

Good points

Mine is the 1.8Vtec Petrol. I do about 65 miles a day in and out of London against the traffic. Drive quick/normally i get around 37-39mpg, if i dip the clutch constantly when not accelerating i can get over 50mpg!

The other stuff you probably know about, engine goes when you rev it hard, chilled and smooth at low engine speeds, nothing gone wrong with mine, no sqeaks or knocks etc, runs lovely. haven't had any trouble with the battery like some, although mine doesn't have any auto electrics, lights wipers etc. If yours does you might need to make sure they are switched off if the car is left for a while.

I find it's an amazingly big small car. Brilliant folding seats, flat floor, huge boot, into cycling so perfect for all my bikes n stuff. Can't knock it so far, been an absolute pleasure.

Hope you are enjoying yours,

Cheers

Rich

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Have had diesel Type S for 2 years.As said,seats don't return to psition when disturbed.Would be annoying if I regularly carried rear seat passengers(when I do they go in on the passenger side)

Car looks great,handles brilliantly,acceptable ride,very smooth mechanically,exellent performance/pick up,good economy,roomy,reliable for me-can't ask for more really:)

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum :D

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
Very happy with my 2.2 and mods made.

Same things that annoy me are already listed but car is still well worth it :eek:

Always get a good response from people who have never sat in a civic before.

Wouldnt be without mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts