·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

Picked the Civic up on Friday afternoon, have had a nice weekend driving it, decided today to clean it back up and post some pics, so so happy with the car, glad i swapped the boring A3 for this, its just so much more of an event going anywhere in the Civic!!

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Looks great!

As nighthawk balck always does when it's clean.

You better get used to cleaning it often though. :)

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Very nice motor also black looks great so shiney ! :cool: Is 1.8 or 2.2 ?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Terrific looks, Yorkshiregrit.
Really appreciate your comment about the pleasure of getting the Civic on the road, irrespective of whether you have mnoved from an A3, Golf or any other C group hatch. The Civic is :cool: and has character and attitude, irrespective of model.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice motor also black looks great so shiney ! :cool: Is 1.8 or 2.2 ?
2.2, really love driving it with the power that the diesel provides, its just a huge wave of torque and the car just seems to keep pulling and pulling all the way to and past a ton (on a closed track of course ;) )

Plus i am guessing that with it being the same 3 door chassis as the new type-r any of the eventual after market suspension, cosmetic or brake upgrades will all be available to type-s drivers without too much fuss

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks fantastic Yorkshiregrit, I only got 85 days to go.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are those plastics on bottom color coded from the start or did you ordered them colored? Didn't they have the same grey color as on the civic 5 door? Or this is a feature on type S? Or are they grey on this pictures but I don't see good, because for me they are black as the color of the car but on other pictures I've found on internet they are grey?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Almost as nice as my Deep Bronze Type S GT ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
They don't look bad on a black car at all. I have the exact same as the OP - Type S diesel in NHB. Hopefully they don't fade over time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the great comments guys!! Really happy with the car, just waiting for the mpg to start climbing - the first 150 miles and its averaged about 33mpg (all town driving) got to drive to Cambridge and back this week for work so that should be a nice run to loosen the engine up a bit and allow the mpg to start getting better.

But more than anything, i just love the fact that after driving "just another Audi rep mobile" people look at the Civic when you drive past in it rather than just blending in to the scenery!!

At some point i fancy a superchip i think, but for now the car is quick enough, the fact that it is as quick in gear as most warm to slightly hot hatches and still should return decent mpg as well makes this the best of both worlds, with a superchip it would be a serious case of watch out Type-R drivers, here comes the torque monster!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've done 1700 miles in my Type S i-CDTI in the past 3-4 weeks, and will be averaging 2000 miles a month from now on.

My first 4 tanks of fuel:
Tank 1: 39mpg
Tank 2: 40mpg
Tank 3: 41mpg
Tank 4: 44mpg
Tank 5 so far: 44.5mpg

Average speed indicated by the car is generally around 30mph. Half of my journey is 50-70mph roads, the other half is B roads and being stuck in traffic. Hopefully it'll get into the very high 40's in the summer. :)

I'm considering getting the car remapped too, but part of me wants to save that money towards a fun weekend car instead.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts