2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here comes my first Civic rant....

When I was looking at the Type S at the dealer, the sales guy told me the seat would remember it's position and return to it after being tilted to access the rear of the car. Fair enough, a fairly standard feature and I didn't think to actually test it on the demo car. However, I've found this feature just doesn't exist.

To back this up, the manual says:

Type S Manual said:
After a passenger gets into the back seat, push the seat-back to return the seat. You may need to re-adjust the seat-back angle and forward back position before sitting in the front seat.
Is this true, or am I doing something wrong? I have a feeling it's the former, and it's very poor for a modern 3 door family hatckback if it is. :(

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The previous model 3 door civic was the same. I used to only let people in and out of the passenger side (within reason) so I did not have to re-adjust each time.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The previous model 3 door civic was the same. I used to only let people in and out of the passenger side (within reason) so I did not have to re-adjust each time.
yes, right! I've made it on the same way like you...
it was not that disturbing..

Dawson, once you get used to it will be fine! don't worry!;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seat

As far as my experience tells me, all Japanese cars have this kind of seat mechanism. I have had Nissans and Hondas with this kind of non-memory tilting seat. That the dealer told you this would not be the case is a different matter - he probably just wanted the sale and if he is still there you should personally point this out to him and hope he has the grace to blush and apologise. I agree it is a pain if people are getting in and out of that side all of time. I suppose you'll probably have to minimise rear passenger exit from the driver side or find that 'sweet spot' and woe betide anyone who touches it :)

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
To us "experts" they are different, but judging by the people who have said they thought mine was a 3 door......due to the lack of an obvious rear door handle!

·
Registered
110 Posts
The seats in the 2007 Type R have memory (both the passenger & drivers side) so I have been told. I specifically asked the dealer the question has it was a bit of a pain on my previous 2003 Type R.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
My previous car (toyota corolla) had the same issue, the drivers side didn't remember the position, but the passenger side did.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
My previous car (307 peugeot) did have memory seat but it was so hard to fold driver's seat that i was only using the passenger door (which is better for the safety) to let people step in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies. It's not a huge problem really as I never have anyone in the back, just a suprise. My 15 year old Mitsubishi Colt had memory seats for both the passenger and driver sides and my last 2 Focus's have both had it on the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
My brothers girlfriend used to have a 3 door Yaris T-Sport which also did this (or didn't do this as the case may be....) - VERY annoying to say the least!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can't believe this is true. This so called "mechanism" falls in teritory of stupidity! I'm planing on buying Civic soon and can't believe how this is stupid. I'm driving my granpa's 3 door golf 2 from '89 which remembers seat position but the new designed space ship of 21 century doesn't have it???
What was Honda thinking...For a car which price is 26000€ here in Croatia (the same price of BMW 1, Audi A3, even the GOLF GTI is cheaper) this should have been fixed...I don't now for you guys but this really pissed me off :mad:

This isn't a feature it's a bug and it shoud have been returned to Honda for reclamation...

Or maybe Honda thought that we will let passengers through trunk? [smilie=cheeky-grin:

P.S. Sorry for bad english :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had 4 Civic 3 doors, two previous shape Sports and two previous to that shape. The seats in all of them have never kept position once tilted -really annoyed me.

Got the Honda dealer to look at it on my first one, they came back with "yeah loads of people complain about that - but its the way it is" would of thought Honda would of resolved it by now.

I have a 1 Series now which has 4 doors so its not a problem!

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
I see the Alfa Romeo 147 has the same rear door handles.
So do the last generation of Seat Leon (Same designer Mr Da Silva).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts