2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have spent the majority of my day trying to find the Type S Spoiler for my 2011 Civic SI in Sapphire Blue.

I understand that these aren't easy to find.
Are we still able to buy them through Honda? Or is there a pattern part I can buy?

I really think it should have been a standard feature as it completely makes the car.

I have thought about fitting the Type R Spoiler but its just not my cup of tea.

The Lip Trunk Spoiler is also nice but its a little small for my liking.

If anyone happens to have one, know where I could find one (new or used) that would be greatly appreciated.
I would prefer to have it already painted but I understand that's not likely.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,821 Posts
Rocking horse sh*t will be easier to find.
I tried to look for one for our Si a while ago and drew a blank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
i-Vtec
4,269 Posts
Yes it should come with all those things. My Image Spoiler did anyway, minus the boot strut. They are very easy to fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it should come with all those things. My Image Spoiler did anyway, minus the boot strut. They are very easy to fit.
It does look pretty straight forward!
Did yours come painted? Or did you opt to get it painted.

I'm just trying to find the paint online as I have a friend who is pretty handy with a spray gun

·
i-Vtec
4,269 Posts
Mine came painted. If you contact Cox they may be able to give you the painted ones part number.

·
Super Moderator
2,821 Posts
that looks like the TypeR spoiler but a stick-on version, no wonder it's £200+
the new boot strut is presumably because it will add more weight than the standard ones can lift.

what I was looking for and couldn't find was the smaller lip spoiler that just covers the outer edge of the boot lip.

·
i-Vtec
4,269 Posts
that looks like the TypeR spoiler
Yes, its the correct Type S version which is a smaller version that doesn't need holes drilled. What your looking for the Image Spoiler version. I used to have links to all the part numbers for them, but various dealers have all pulled the plug on those sites.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Funnily enough, i accidentally bought an image spoiler whilst hunting for a Type S spoiler (it was advertised incorrectly), i was intially annoyed it was incorrect, but as it had taken me months of searching just to find that one, so i had it painted and fitted anyway, but i actually really like it now

I have a reccuring search going on eBay for a Type S spoiler, and i haven't seen a single one pop up in the last 6 months or so, so they certainly are rare as.......

I think anything on the back end looks better than nothing, especially when the laquer starts peeling on the plastic window section

·
Super Moderator
2,821 Posts
Yep got that peel which was why I was looking for the lip spoiler.

·
i-Vtec
4,269 Posts
I've left a few Image and at least 1 type S spoilers at my local scrappies, they are only around £10 too. Trouble is you would need a TV box to deliver them through Hermes etc.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've left a few Image and at least 1 type S spoilers at my local scrappies, they are only around £10 too. Trouble is you would need a TV box to deliver them through Hermes etc.
If you sent it by Hermes, it would end up being delevered in a jiffy bag........................ or not arrive at all :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2,821 Posts
Hermes max length is 1.2m for any delivery. Spoiler prob longer than that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine came painted. If you contact Cox they may be able to give you the painted ones part number.
I contacted COX but to no joy, I'm probably going to get one of these and get it painted. Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep got that peel which was why I was looking for the lip spoiler.
I've also got that peel, you can get a lot of it out with a paint buffer and some T-Cut. It doesn't completely solve the issue but certainly helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Unfortunately they wont sell the spoiler to me. The reason being;

"Unfortunately, after double checking this part is applicable to your Civic we've found out that this spoiler is specific to the 2008 Civic 3 Door. We'll now be updating our website to show this."

I tried to argue that the part should fit as the boots on all models are the same, but no luck.

I guess ill have to search the internet for a few weeks till I find somewhere I can purchase it.

Thanks for everyone's help.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts