2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Unfortunately they wont sell the spoiler to me. The reason being;

"Unfortunately, after double checking this part is applicable to your Civic we've found out that this spoiler is specific to the 2008 Civic 3 Door. We'll now be updating our website to show this."

I tried to argue that the part should fit as the boots on all models are the same, but no luck.

I guess ill have to search the internet for a few weeks till I find somewhere I can purchase it.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Just order it using the reg plate/VIN number from a 2008 model.......... simples

EDIT: just checking, and it appears they have completely removed it from sale now, i suspect they probably didn't have any in stock in the first place

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just order it using the reg plate/VIN number from a 2008 model.......... simples

EDIT: just checking, and it appears they have completely removed it from sale now, i suspect they probably didn't have any in stock in the first place
I went to do exactly that and discovered the same.

Little bit gutted but I'm sure ill find something

·
Super Moderator
2,227 Posts
Try Cox Motor Parts, if they can't get one I doubt anyone else can.
You might even get forum discount on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Try Cox Motor Parts, if they can't get one I doubt anyone else can.
You might even get forum discount on it.
I tried this already.
But again no luck:(.

It is what it is. No point driving myself crazy about it.

Thankyou to everyone though, you all have been extremely helpful!

This forum really does rock 🤘

·
Registered
183 Posts
As i say, i've had an eBay search running for about 6 months now, and not seen a single one crop up, though one did appear on here for sale a few months back, but sold almost instantly

·
i-Vtec
3,807 Posts
Unfortunately they wont sell the spoiler to me. The reason being;

"Unfortunately, after double checking this part is applicable to your Civic we've found out that this spoiler is specific to the 2008 Civic 3 Door. We'll now be updating our website to show this."
WTF! Your joking. Of course it will fit, that's just ludicrous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
WTF! Your joking. Of course it will fit, that's just ludicrous.
I know! Absolutely crazy!

I did think as an alternative fitting the Type R spoiler instead but from what I've read you have to drill into the perspects and I'm not keen on doing this at all.

·
Super Moderator
2,227 Posts
You could use a TypeR one if you remove the pillars that go through the perspex and then use the 3M tape to hold it on like the unobtanium one.
The end brackets should be the same and you would need to get TypeR struts to take the extra weight.

All sounding like a load of work for what......?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts