2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thought of mounting a small sub on the metal bracket thats below the drivers side rear seats of a Type S?

On the 5 door the seats can be locked 'up' in place but the ability to do this with the 3 door has been removed

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I did think about putting an active sub under the seats, but you need the space to put the seats flat so ended up putting it in the boot instead.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, looks like your stalking my posts ;)

When you say 'you need the space to put the seats flat ' i'm not sure i understand what you mean?

The bottom part of the seat doesn't change position (does it?) when you drop the rears?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
lol, looks like your stalking my posts ;)

When you say 'you need the space to put the seats flat ' i'm not sure i understand what you mean?

The bottom part of the seat doesn't change position (does it?) when you drop the rears?
It does unfortunately, it lowers down further into the footwell.

If you're about to chuck out any old cardboard boxes, stick one into the footwell and try to drop the seat - it won't lower.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,764 Posts
type s rear seat has the bars underneath and they lift up will the sub fitted prevent this from happening?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ye they have the bars, and they lift up

BUT

they don't 'engage' and stay up like on the 5 door. There appears to be absolutley no reason for the seats to have the mechanism fitted

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The bars support the base of the seat when it is in the lowered position.
The 3 door is actually designed with an additional clasp over the bar to stop it being lifted up!

See here, clasp on the right that needs to be manually released to raise the seat

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes

I 'unhooked' mine the other day thinking that they would stay up like on the 5 door

That said I couldn't remember whether my 5 door had a 'hook' so just did it - I guess on reflection the 5 door doesnt have the hook

1 - 8 of 8 Posts