2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Honda Man Steve
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Just thought I’d post up some updated shots of the car.

Just passed its MOT again no issues, 11 years old and nearly 95k on the clock and going strong.

And little one.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Hey buddy

This thread is awesome and you should be proud of all that you have done! I have a question. I was looking into swapping my standard blue dash for a red type r one but you say on this thread about re-programing. I take it it needs to be told that it’s in a different model so i doesn’t throw up type r specific messages?

·
Honda Man Steve
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Hey buddy

This thread is awesome and you should be proud of all that you have done! I have a question. I was looking into swapping my standard blue dash for a red type r one but you say on this thread about re-programing. I take it it needs to be told that itâ€s in a different model so i doesnâ€t throw up type r specific messages?

Hello and thank you for your kind words, yes, this has truly been a work of passion and has truly paid off now as I get messages like this a lot, along with pictures of my car sent by people who spot it out and about

As for your question, the reprogramming relates to the mileage reading on the centre display. This data is stored in the actual unit so is unique to each car, to avoid any comeback or issues from having a false mileage reading, I had the centre clock reprogrammed by Honda once fitted.

The rest of the displays are simply plug n play. Obviously you loose the eco lights and get a vtec light instead which on my car comes on at random times lol

Going from a petrol type s to a type r, the Rev needle still works as expected, red line is a little higher but shows the correct reading.
I’ve heard that if you put the type r clocks in a diesel, the needle only sweeps half way with the ctdi having such a low rev range so a lot of ctdi owners remove the type r clocks - I’ve heard that you can get a kit to change the background colour of the display from blue to red but that means disassembling the unit.

In my case it was a simple plug n okay job

Good look man, it makes all the difference, once you start down that path though, be warned, you’ll want the door cards, then they won’t match the rear panels, then you’ll want the matching seats, which won’t look right with out the rears, then the carpet lol I’ve been there

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Hey bud me again

When it cane to replace your gear surround for a type r one did you have to trim some clips off so it would fit or will the plastic surround of the gear knob unscrew? I had a wuick 5 min look earlier and it wouldnt fit as they front clip looked as if it needed cutting off but im wondering whether i have to remove the plastic that the gaiter itself would cover.

Cheers

·
Honda Man Steve
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Hey mate,

sorry for not replying in over 6 months :( I feel so bad
Wow not your asking me to remember stuff from over 5 years ago, luckily I had to replace the mic on my headset the other week as it snapped when I was faffing so had to remove the centre console to get the radio out, looking at mine, the ball is still attached on the bottom of the gear stick.

Ive had 2 type R gear surrounds now and both have been a completely plug and play. I did remember having to remove all the gubbings from around the ball but one that's done it should fit straight over :)

·
Honda Man Steve
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
That’s handy to know thanks
Think i will get one now

I e got a spare one mate, if you can’t find one.... gaiter is a little worn but if you want it and are happy to pay the shipping.....

·
Honda Man Steve
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Hello guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted on this forum, having been on facebook for a while now.

so latest updates to csr are here :-

Added sweeping indicators In wing mirrors along with custom CHL module to switch on side lights (halo rings) when I unlock car.

Also added roof scoop and bonnet latches.

constantly a work in progress, although no dramatic changes now, just little bits here and there.

next big change I’m hoping for is to replace my rear lights with some halo type ones to match my fronts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don’t know how but you have an amazing civic and still keep finding ways to improve it
The rear halos sound good i look forward to seeing the finished product and would give the rear a one off look

201 - 217 of 217 Posts