2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my 58 plate, but 09 spec Type S on Saturday! Woooo!!

Anyways, I have some questions. When I look up the number plate, and on the V5, the car comes up as 'just' a Type S - no mention of GT.

BUT, it's loaded with extras. Glass roof, climate control, auto headlights/wipers, sat nav, bluetooth, power folding mirrors etc etc.

I can't find a definitive answer when I search, but I looked at the wiki, and apparently the GT version had all these extras.. so.. if anyone of you owns a Type S GT, does it say GT when you search the number plate, or on the V5?

Second question... I was initially confused that it's the 09 spec, because it was registered in September 2008. But, I've found out that the first owner was Honda UK.. So.. do you think this was some sort of 'demo' car? The second owner was trident honda, where it was bought by the guy who owned it before me.

Anyone got any ideas? I know these are probably daft questions, but I've just been wondering!

Frankie.x

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Mines a Type S GT and has the glass roof, dual climate, auto lights and auto wipers, when i search on the number plate it definately shows up as Type S GT

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, mine has the dual climate aswell. It seems to have all the extras of the GT, without the name 'GT' I'm wondering if this is because it was owned by Honda UK first of all.. maybe it was loaded with extras just to demo the 2009 model Type S? Especially because it was registered in Sept 2008, three months at least before the 09 models were available to buy... :)

Either way I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
you should love it, i love all the gadgets, been praying for rain for the last week (only got it a week ago) to test the auto wipers lol!

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha!! What are the auto lights like?

Do the sidelights come on when it's a bit dark and then normal headlights when it's actually dark? Or are they either on or off?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
How do you know you have a 09 spec car? does it come with a USB port?

Even so would have thought it would come up with the GT spec :confused:

Enjoy your new car :D

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know for definite. USB, and 09 front and back. :)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
what size engine? 1.4 (not colour coded) or 1.8/2.2 (colour coded).

good luck with the new car. I loved my type S.

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1.8 colour coded. :) With an iShift.

Cant wait!!!!

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Odd isn't it?! Aw well... i'm so excited!!! x

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
you should love it, i love all the gadgets, been praying for rain for the last week (only got it a week ago) to test the auto wipers lol!

Thats hilarious...
I love my auto wipers, we get rain all the time.

I got a TypeS GT, when I phoned for insurance they were like...
-Hi I have a xx07 xxx number plate, its a Civic TypeS GT... (not thinking)
-Yes sorry, did you say TypeS? or a TypeS GT? It says here its a TypeS, can you let us know if it's a GT?
-Of course, I will let you know right away...(not!)...

Coulda saved myself a buck or two there lol

It had a private plate before, wonder if that played a part?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I'd ring up and change that if i were you, cant see there being much difference in price between a Type S and a Type S GT (both same insurance group).

But i bet the insurance company would use it as an excuse for not paying out, that you'd insured the wrong model/spec!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'd ring up and change that if i were you, cant see there being much difference in price between a Type S and a Type S GT (both same insurance group).

But i bet the insurance company would use it as an excuse for not paying out, that you'd insured the wrong model/spec!!
True, and maybe not covering the extra equipment on the GT!

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was really surprised with the insurance when I collected the car! To change from my 06 standard SE 1.8 Civic to the 58 plate, 09 Type S GT (And I have stated GT!!) didn't cost me a penny extra!

Frankie.x

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
cost me £80 more to have a gt, however it says body coloured bumpers on gt not on type s so it saves me having to tell then i have just had them sprayed

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
yeh on my insurance docs it states what a gt is ie colour coded bumpers,sunroof,folding mirrors aircon ect

ohh and im with elephant

1 - 20 of 26 Posts