2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

looking to buy a honda civic, just wondering whats better for a young person (age 21) a type s or an Si....? i can notice that the si is 5 door and the type s is 3 door but what do you think is better?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Its your own preference to be honest.

The types will be more sporty with different bumpers and will have a stiffer suspension.

If you don't need rear doors then i would go with the type s.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Im 22, TypeS all the way ;)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I'm 22 also, I have a Sport 5dr... If I could have afforded the S though I would have rocked that instead!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your input everyone....much appreciated!!! how do you all think the car handles etc? (seeing as i'm talking to real people might as well get your opinions ha lol )

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Its your own preference to be honest.

The types will be more sporty with different bumpers and will have a stiffer suspension.

If you don't need rear doors then i would go with the type s.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

For practicality, get the five door. If you want a more sporty look, got for a Type S.

The only reason I got a five door over a Type S was because I car share to work with 2 other lads. A 3 door would have been hassle.

Handling wise.....to be honest my 2.2 understeers like a pig. Eibachs and FRS will sort that out though :D

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Handling wise.....to be honest my 2.2 understeers like a pig. Eibachs and FRS will sort that out though :D
Really? i have always thought it to be pretty good in terms of understeer... Cheap tyres? Or maybe my previous cars just understeer VERY badly :facepalm:

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
My derv feels like it understeers very heavy front end, good tyres just needs eibachs and FRS when I get the money!

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
type s 1.8 petrol ;)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Haha sorry mate I edited your post to be funny. Wasted humour I know.

Is the Vtec in the 1.8 not set to be economical then cuts out when you floor it? Thats what capticard told me?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Really? i have always thought it to be pretty good in terms of understeer... Cheap tyres? Or maybe my previous cars just understeer VERY badly :facepalm:
Yes, very bad understeer, especailly if there is the smidging of ice.

When I have other things sorted with getting house etc this year... then FRS etc.

:)

Apart from that its a great car, and fast!

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Agree with Spyke, Im 19, Type S all the way :D
19 also!

5 door all the way! :) But then I have a toddler and associated gubbings that comes with them!

Either, personal preference & what you need the car for.

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
type s mate ive had 2 5door civics and to be honest they didnt last long they got chopped in within a year or less,but just depends if you drive alot of people about 3dr is a pain for to get in and out for rear passengers

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
Is the Vtec in the 1.8 not set to be economical then cuts out when you floor it? Thats what capticard told me?
Yep...see the wiki page.
Vtec in a 1.8 is different to the R, it does not work in the same way.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone YO!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.