2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

TypeR FN2 Judder

Faults 
5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  hagland2431 
#1 ·
When I drive my car it has a moment where it lags really bad when putting my foot down. This happens in every gear but isnt so bad as the you get to the higher gears.
Its really bad especially in the morning when the car is cold. It is so annoying it makes me not want to drive the car, its not very fun at all.

If i press on the pedal slowly then its ok, just when I push harder

Any help would be great

#2 ·
I think most CTR owners get this during the winter months, to some degree at least.

Things improved for me when I switched to using premium unleaded instead of regular (Shell V-Power/Nitro specifically). I know some forum members would question the legitimacy of this but it worked for me. Perhaps worth a try.

#4 ·
Service and spark plug change on the cards for a start. If that fails then you may be looking at a. Fueling issue.

#7 ·
Mine does it really bad in cold weather. Was annoying me this morning when I was tootling along in traffic in first gear. Foot off all pedals, it would get into a gentle rock / kangaroo going at 4mph. Strangely, when I turned the air-con off it seemed to make it better... :\

#9 ·
never had this problem. sounds like a fueling issue, either no spark or clogged injectors. change the spark plugs, see if it improves. what is the mileage and age of the car? spark plus are due at 75k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.