What grade of Oil do you use

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All

Coming up to a point now, where i am going to need an oil top up. i have been doing a lot of research on here and other forums on what grade & manufacture oil i should buy for my Type R

Ive read through the WIKI and have a great better understanding than what i did on oils before :)

From what i found on the forum, Type R owners seem to use either

0-40W or
0-30W

.....fully synthetic

Now i know that the second number explains how the oil operates at a higher temperature but obviously dont want to go too high around 50/60 as at the end of the day i drive to work and dont live on a Race track :facepalm:

Feedback ive had from the forum indicates to saty away from Magnatec, which i always thought was a good brand

i know Honda recommend 0-30w

stuff i look at online recommends 5-30W

so what i was wondering is

1) What grade of oil do you use in your Type R's
-0-30W
-0-40W

2) What Brands do you recommend/use?

;)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
5w-40 and 0w-30 are the most popular grades we sell to owners of the newest shape civics. In all the older ones it's pretty much all 5w-40, especially for the Type-Rs

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I use Titan Pro S 5W-40, is ester synthetic oil, bought it from opieoils (oilman)!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use Titan Pro S 5W-40, is ester synthetic oil, bought it from opieoils (oilman)!
Thanks for that, it's one of the best oils you can buy.
is this one of the manufacturer's you would recommend then oilman ? what would you say the top 3 brands are?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I can't really say top three. Fuchs Pro S&R, Millers CFS, Redline, Gulf Competition and Motul 300V are the top end ester oils that we sell and I can't really say one of them is any better than the other. Sometimes one will perform better in a certain car, but other than that they are all about the same in quality.

Cheers

Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts