2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 2.2 dr and was wondering whether i could change to the type r disc and pads all round?? straight swap? would this provide better stopping? Or would i have to go down changing the lines etc

Cheers

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Best person I know to ask would be Coste1l as he did a swap on his Derv. Relic may be a good resource as well. I do know that it is not a straight swap as the dimensions are different...

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
327 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Type r discs are 300mm the other are 280mm- so no. You would need to change splash guards and calipers too to get the discs in. Pads I believe are the same

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
You will need 300m discs, type R calipers with the crrier, modify the splash guard for the calliper and carrier to fit and the pads are different (bigger than the diesel ones.)

Cheers Ian

I will be selling type R callipers with carrier and OEM type R discs in a few weeks time.

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
You will need 300m discs, type R calipers with the crrier, modify the splash guard for the calliper and carrier to fit and the pads are different (bigger than the diesel ones.)

Cheers Ian

I will be selling type R callipers with carrier and OEM type R discs in a few weeks time.
What, specifically does the splash guard modification entail? I can't seem to find a definative answer/How-To on here.

Do they need to come off the hubs?

I may be about to undertake the same project in the near future. :cool:

Ta!

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
I'm pretty sure they're fitted for good reason, so mine are staying on.

I've just compared my new CTR calipers back-to-back with the standard item (still on the car), and it seems at first glance, about 10mm or so needs removing off each end of the diesel's splash guard's cutout to accommodate the larger caliper. Probably a simple tin-snips, deburr and planish job I think, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, as I haven't sourced any discs and pads yet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts