2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be picking up Gen 8 Tyre R civic next week!!!!!
Looking for some advice on tyre choice once they wear out.
Since Civics have DWS we can fit runflats and I have fitted Bridgestone Driveguards to my 1.8 Si with no problems.
I am looking at B'stone Re050A since they worked well on my BMW 118 in the past.

Anyone got any advice on tyre choice or experience of fitting runflats??

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not fit RFT? If they are good enough on BMW then should be okay on other quality motors like Honda?
It might make the ride a little harder but I won't be stuck at the roadside trying to fix a puncture with the pointless repair kit.
Must admit i have not had a puncture since Noah floated his boat but sod's law will strike me down one day and it will be dark & pissing with rain when it does.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
The ride is already punishing on a standard FN2 Civic - fitting runflats will only make this worse. In a few days you won't have any fillings left in your teeth.

Flashy has highlighted two excellent tyre choices. The Goodyear are cheap for what you get. I also *think* the OEM RE050A you mentioned has been superseded by a different tyre.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Plus run flats tend to be more expensive and are limited to drive on and you will need to replace rather than repair. If you are concerned about getting a flat stick a space saver in the boot.

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, i will run with what it comes on and see how it feels.
NonRFT tyres are of course cheaper but that is not an issue for me, getting home safe is the main concern given that the roads i drive on are mostly unlit.
I have noticed on Blackcircles that the tyres you all recommend have a 92Y load rating rather than the 88Y standard, surely that would make it feel harder anyway since the side walls will be stiffer?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks Flashy & TommyBoy
I have taken your advice and ordered GY F1 AS3 from Blackcircles on a multibuy deal. The savings over RFT tyres have paid for a space saver spare wheel.
How much did they cost if you don't mind me asking. Are these for a fn2?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes for FN2, £355.88 fitted, the discount was £25 for buying 4.
They will always be cheaper than the small guy because of volume but I would recommend Blackcircles if you have not used them before.
They use non-national fitters so keeping business local rather than giving it to the likes of Kwikfit makes me feel good too.

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Goodyears doing okay so far, not done many miles yet but give good feel and grip.
Don't drive like a loon but even on damp bendy roads they are giving me confidence to push it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Goodyears doing okay so far, not done many miles yet but give good feel and grip.
Don't drive like a loon but even on damp bendy roads they are giving me confidence to push it.
That's what I'm thinking of as my next tyres. Got budgets at the moment and seemed pointless changing them as came new when i bought the car.

Also interested in Michelin pilot sport 4s. Much difference between them and goodyears?

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
The Uniroyal Rainsport 3's are very good and probly cheaper. :)

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would not use run flat tyres. Get some Michelin PS4 or Goodyear Asy 3 for good all round tyres.
Goodyear Asy 3 - agreed

·
Registered
575 Posts
Best place to get asy 3's? Def my next tyre

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Go on Blackcircles.com and then you can choose the most convenient fitters to your location from their partners.
Always found BC to be good value and easy to use, pay on line and nothing more to pay on the day unless you want tracking etc looked at.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Go on Blackcircles.com and then you can choose the most convenient fitters to your location from their partners.
Always found BC to be good value and easy to use, pay on line and nothing more to pay on the day unless you want tracking etc looked at.
Thanks, will have a look. They the cheapest around?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Will be picking up Gen 8 Tyre R civic next week!!!!!
Looking for some advice on tyre choice once they wear out.
Since Civics have DWS we can fit runflats and I have fitted Bridgestone Driveguards to my 1.8 Si with no problems.
I am looking at B'stone Re050A since they worked well on my BMW 118 in the past.

Anyone got any advice on tyre choice or experience of fitting runflats??
I went for the orginal tyres bridgstone potenza RE050A ( not run flats). Just because i want it standard as from new. I was tempted with uniroyal rainsports.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts