Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

My current tyres (Yokohama Advan Sport) are nearing the end of their lifespan after clocking up nearly 30,000 miles! (rotated at 15,000). I've been really impressed with these tyres and looking to replace for similar ones or another good quality brand.

Please can you help me decide between the following 3 brands that I've narrowed it down to?

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
really glad you posted this... i was going to ask everyone the very same question as mine too are low now and wanted advice on which tyres i go for if not the same yokohamas!!
and does anyone know prices per tyre for the rages?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Go for Toyo T1-R Proxes.
These would certainly be a contender if I were replacing mine.

Check out the prices at Camskill.

Yokohama Advan Sports. £172

T1-R Proxes. £129

Also Falken FK452 are a good tyre for the money. £96

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks JP...I was going to add those to the list but was in my friends EP3 the other day and he has Toyos on...I noticed that they were pretty noisy to be honest although I'm sure they are excellent tyres as I see lots of owners using/recommending them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
really glad you posted this... i was going to ask everyone the very same question as mine too are low now and wanted advice on which tyres i go for if not the same yokohamas!!
and does anyone know prices per tyre for the rages?

I have spoken to Johnno about this and he recommends his friend Lee at Elite Direct and I was quoted around 575 fully fitted for the Goodyear Eagle F1 DS3's not too long ago...a cracking deal when you consider that these tyres go for around 180 pounds each fully fitted at most places (Blackcircles.com or mytyre.com)

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
I have spoken to Johnno about this and he recommends his friend Lee at Elite Direct and I was quoted around 575 fully fitted for the Goodyear Eagle F1 DS3's not too long ago...a cracking deal when you consider that these tyres go for around 180 pounds each fully fitted at most places (Blackcircles.com or mytyre.com)
goodyear...ummmmmmm havent heard any reports on them.
i asked my local dealer as he owes me good deals yet again...:)but will they only give me what they come with...yokos..if so maybe i should stick with them especially if i get a good price.
i just want good quality tyres that grip the road well when im thrashing the car round bends and are quiet mainly!!:confused:

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
No one using the Bridgestones?? I found the Advans fairly useless in the wet. Plus as a tribute to the abuse they recieved they only lasted 13,000miles... I'm blaming previous owners...

Have RE050A on the front now, wanted Pilots but couldn't afford at the time as had to purchase in emergency as the fronts had quietly gotten below the limit. Find the bridgestones a whole lost better, more communicative and progressive.

Understands pilots are the best?

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Lol that's a good point..plus my friend doesn't have Milltek and K&N fitted so that's probably why the tyre noise was so much more noticeable in his EP3!!
Plus you hear more road / tyre noise on the EP3 anyway, it's a go cart with a tax disc!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the posts everyone..looks like I could have added another 2/3 tyres to the poll! It's pretty obvious there is a lot of choice which can only be a good thing! I'm going to play it safe and go with the Yokohama Advan Sports as my experience of them is excellent. I've found them extremely reliable and awesome in all weather conditions, and have good durability too...plus Johnno has got me a cracking deal on them:)

Thanks for the help though guys really appreciate it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks for the posts everyone..looks like I could have added another 2/3 tyres to the poll! It's pretty obvious there is a lot of choice which can only be a good thing! I'm going to play it safe and go with the Yokohama Advan Sports as my experience of them is excellent. I've found them extremely reliable and awesome in all weather conditions, and have good durability too...plus Johnno has got me a cracking deal on them:)

Thanks for the help though guys really appreciate it.
Everyone has there own Views on which Brand & Model of tyre's to go for vince. Lee & EliteDirect is the man you should ask this Q? to, He has tested all of these tyres on his Golf GTI & he knows all of there Pro's & Con's of each Brand. I spoke to lee today to let him know your gonna give him a bell tomorrow.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks mate will be speaking to him tomorrow I know he'll be able to give me some good advice as, like u said, he's tried and tested them all ...I've only had experience of the Yoko's, which IMO have been excellent. Was putting out a "feeler" to see what everyone else has experienced so far and it's been interesting reading;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Let us know what he says Vince!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks mate will be speaking to him tomorrow I know he'll be able to give me some good advice as, like u said, he's tried and tested them all ...I've only had experience of the Yoko's, which IMO have been excellent. Was putting out a "feeler" to see what everyone else has experienced so far and it's been interesting reading;)
Ive got the Continental 3's on mine, In the Wet there really good & in the Dry they are amazing to say the very least. The Fronts lasted me 20,000 miles and the Rears still have 5mm left now at 26,000 miles. BUT the Conti's are very pricy. Honda wanted £210 per tyre fitted! Lee done them for £160 per tyre fitted. The Yoko's will be much cheeper than that mate.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts