2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,610 Posts
Is it just me or do those photos of the cracks show the tyre as being quite shiny and not the normal matt rubber ?

All tyre dressings should be avoided as they do affect the rubber, just as never get too close with a power washer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd put them on the front to use up the tread quicker, they must still grip fine or you'd have changed them immediately, they will go a long time (years) before they start to break up.
I have changed complete sets of tyres due to cracking but they were much, much worse than these.
Obviously this is a matter of personal opinion (and risk), they wouldn't be deemed illegal but a tyre retailer would advise you to change them as they wouldn't want to be liable if you had an accident (and most would want to sell you a new pair regardless)

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
. I’ve done about 45k since I’ve had the car. So these have done at least that!!
my set of AS3s lasted about 20k miles and were down to 3mm all round after one rotation.
you must drive very sympathetically.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Is it just me or do those photos of the cracks show the tyre as being quite shiny and not the normal matt rubber ?

All tyre dressings should be avoided as they do affect the rubber, just as never get too close with a power washer.
Part of the reason I booked it on is because of the plastic feel to the tyre now. The tread isn’t as bad be def not as supple which is why I’m going to err on the side of caution

21 - 24 of 24 Posts