2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My standard UK 17in are Michelin Pilot Primacy's made in Germany.
What other makes are fitted as standard?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
18" Pilot Sports :twisted:

dunno where they were made though :oops:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport here too. 17"

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Bridgestones on my ES. 16" :(

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Bungle said:
Bridgestones on my ES. 16" :(
Just wait till you get your 16"s replaced compared to the 17's. I imagine they should be much better prices.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Ouch. Whats the profile on the 18's? Just found Yoko AVS Sport 225 35 18Z for £183.90 each (fitted, it would want to be). The Michelin Pilot Sport seem to be around £145 a corner.

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Bridgestones on my 16" alloys, a full Japanese package!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Strange there is such variety given bulk buying power they would get with sticking with just a couple of manufacturers.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Also got Michelin Pilot Sport. 17"

Rechecked after seing other posts and I had got it wrong first time. I have Michelin Pilot Primacy fitted on 17" wheels.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Notice no one has Goodyear. I thought I'd read here that the GSD3 was a good tyre and many expressed this is what they would change their tyres to when it came round to it.

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Pilot Sports 17" here - but I can't second BG's opinion though I'm afraid - loads of grip, but noisy and I think they're a prime contributor to what's a harsh ride in my book (and I came from an Alfa 156 with sport suspension!!)

BTW, I've seen the 225/45x17s advertised at £129 somewhere - wish I could remember where....... :oops:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Think I'm going to check my storms are really 18"s tomorrow!

Everyone else with Mich Pilot Sports are on 17"... *gulp*

I've always like the Pilots - plenty of grip wet or dry - and I'm kinda used to a firm ride :)
(I prefer to call it extra feedback :wink:)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Trekker308 said:
Pilot Sports 17" here - but I can't second BG's opinion though I'm afraid - loads of grip, but noisy and I think they're a prime contributor to what's a harsh ride in my book (and I came from an Alfa 156 with sport suspension!!)

BTW, I've seen the 225/45x17s advertised at £129 somewhere - wish I could remember where....... :oops:
To be fair, I did say they were noisy.. but its worth a bit of noise for longevity and grip :)

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
TTDegs said:
I've always like the Pilots - plenty of grip wet or dry - and I'm kinda used to a firm ride :)
(I prefer to call it extra feedback :wink:)
Don't get me wrong TT - I too prefer a very firm ride (if you'll pardon the expression :) ) - but round these parts we've got loads of country lanes with road surfaces that are bloody rough, and the Civ seems to bang and crash around a bit whereas the Alfa seemed a little more civilised - no, a lot more civilised.

As I said, I think a lot of my gripes are with the characteristics that the Sports give to the ride on very uneven surfaces rather than the Civic's suspension, but hats off to the levels of grip 'under extreme pressure' available in wet or dry - quite amazing :wink:

Having said all that, the Pilot Sports are just fine for more normal road surfaces - and I bet they last a lot longer than my old Pirellis (about 12/13,000 miles :roll: )

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
could well be the stiff sidewalls on the Pilots :)

I've got one particularily bad 30yard stretch on one of my 'around the traffic' routes.
The TT really went from crunch to bang across it, but the Civic whilst still banging about a bit doesn't seem to shake things quite as loose.

P Zeros were always my tyre of choice till I found the Pilots :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts