2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

today I replaced my 16inch tyres with the fn2 18inch rims.

when I compared tyres by putting one on top the other I was not able to notice a difference in diameter.

after I replaced the tyres and drove a couple of miles the tyre pressure warning was turned on. Is this normal? Do you have an idea how the ecu calculates the tyre pressure?

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
It just might need resetting and recalabrating, see the manual

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
That's totally normal. Just needs reset, tells you in the manual how to do it.

This will also usually happen if you have new tyres fitted.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all. Computer resetted . Will drive another couple of miles and hopefully the error will not pop up again.

do you know how tyres pressure is calculated?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
do you know how tyres pressure is calculated?
It doesn't calculate tyre pressure.

I believe monitors the relative speed of each of the wheels using the ABS sensors. If a tyre is soft it has a slightly smaller diameter so turns faster.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You suggestion makes sense. So this means that when resetting the computer it will recalculate a cycle duration?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
It won't measure the cycle duration as that will change with speed it just compares the relative speed of the wheels. I think it might compare f+r axles separately as I swapped wheels front to rear on 1 side then drove about 3 miles and the light came on then swapped the other side so had now done a complete front to rear swap, didn't reset it and the light never came back on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts