2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a UK 2012 Honda Civic 9th gen 2.2 Diesel. It had some light front accident damage and I repaired it. Took it to MOT test last week and passed no problem. When I was driving back home first the Tyre Pressure light came on followed by traction control and Power Steering lights. I have tried to re-inialise the TPMS without success - it won't allow. My TPMS light is blinking. I had the car put on my mate's computer but it just showed up a fault on the Tyre Pressure Safety Monitor which was probably leading to the other lights coming on. Any ideas what I can try without having to go the the dealership? Many thanks, Edward.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
I would imagine this is due to an ABS Sensor; TPMS on the Civic uses calculations based on the readings of the ABS sensor to determine if there are any issues with the tyre pressure.

Unfortunately, the regular OBDII readers won't do much for your ABS system, you'll need a Honda diagnostic reader (A fair bit more expensive) - If you are anywhere near someone on the forum with one they might be willing to plug it in for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've still got this issue and haven't done anything more about it. The persistent bonging and lights are becoming very annoying at this stage. If the issue was caused by an ABS sensor would the ABS lights not also be on? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
The VSA /Traction Control / Abs light is the same thing, so it is on by the sound of it.
Not too sure about the power steering light, but I know there is a hack, bridging some pins that will give you a flash code in the VSA light that will give you the region of the fault.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi - I have a UK 2012 Honda Civic 9th gen 2.2 Diesel. It had some light front accident damage and I repaired it. Took it to MOT test last week and passed no problem. When I was driving back home first the Tyre Pressure light came on followed by traction control and Power Steering lights. I have tried to re-inialise the TPMS without success - it won't allow. My TPMS light is blinking. I had the car put on my mate's computer but it just showed up a fault on the Tyre Pressure Safety Monitor which was probably leading to the other lights coming on. Any ideas what I can try without having to go the the dealership? Many thanks, Edward.
Hi edhaz28,

Did you find out what the problem was? I just had this happen to me this morning. My car (also a Civic 2.2 DTEC) went into the garage about a week ago as the gearbox seized up (was apparently leaking oil due to a faulty seal). Had to get a replacement clutch as well as gearbox. I got the car back yesterday and everything seemed fine except this morning, whilst driving on the motorway, all three lights came on in the same order as you. I did have cruise control on so not sure if this had something to do with it. I got to work and checked my tyre pressure in all wheels and everything seemed fine. Tried to initialise it but it failed. Tried using a OBD2 connector with Torque software on my phone but nothing showed up (I don't think Torque will read all errors on some cars). No idea what the problem is apart from the steering wheel not being aligned correctly. The garage will be correcting this on the weekend. If you did find out anything, I would appreciate if you could provide some information.

Thanks and regards,

Ooms

1 - 6 of 6 Posts