2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

On my 1.6 i-DTEC I have an issue where the Tyre Pressure Warning keeps coming on every day or two but when I check the tyre pressure they are fine. Maybe out by 1 or 2 psi but nothing drastic.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Neil.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,811 Posts
Yes, re-calibrate the TPMS. Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.

Quite a few posts already and it's fully covered in the manual. You must follow the subsequent driving requirements or it won't calibrate properly.

·
Registered
408 Posts
1 or 2 PSI is enough to trigger it

I had a problem with the TPMS triggering all the time and turned out to be a very slow puncture. So it was working as it should

As said make sure you reset the TPMS after ensuring all tyres are the correct pressure. It is also possible that mismatched tyres might cause issues

·
Registered
883 Posts
I had it pop up twice earlier on this week, but tyres seem fine, re-initialised it, maybe its got something to do with the extreme heat we have been having lately

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,811 Posts
Could be, if you have say the offside tyres sat in full sun that could increase the pressures enough.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmmmm!... Constantly seem to be resetting it at the moment. I know Tyre pressure will go up in the heat at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
3,665 Posts
I triggered it on the 8G the other week after I swapped wheels front to rear, didn't think to reset DWS.
Checked the pressures and all were spot on, just reset it and been fine since.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Could be, if you have say the offside tyres sat in full sun that could increase the pressures enough.
Yes a possible theory the tyres expanding a bit in the heat, then cooling overnight and so pinging the Tyre DW in the morning .

Kremmen - off topic, wow noticed you are close to 22,000 postings you must hold the record!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,811 Posts
Nah, I think I'm only 3rd. Just one of the things that build up when you've been here as long as I have, since before the dead sea reported sick.

As far as the TPMS is concerned, as I understand it, once you fire off the calibration you need to do about 15 miles, in one journey, taking in left and right hand bends to allow it to assess all 4 corners.

Where it does keeping going off is if you just change one corner. As that new tyre wall beds in, whilst the others remain constant, it can detect the softening new tyre wall.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have had the TMPS warning go off all four days coming home from work this week. The last three have been at pretty much the same spot on the road (coming off of a roundabout). Bloody thing is doing my nut in!

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a warning free day yesterday and it never came on this morning. Has been doing my nut in for weeks though. I'm checking pressure every time and 1 - 2 psi difference shouldn't set it off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts