2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Tyre pressure

Warnings 
2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  TTDegs 
#1 ·
Is it possible to monitor tire pressure through Civic's Sat/Nav screen?

#3 ·
It seems as though it could be done if Honda just let you.

I'm sure that one time when I was playing around with the Sat Nav it mentioned tyre pressures on the screen at one time.

I would think that it may be available on some other Honda vehicles.

......but not on the Civ

......yet!

"I've just learnt about his illness.
Let's hope that it is nothing trivial!"

#6 ·
It seems as though it could be done if Honda just let you.

I'm sure that one time when I was playing around with the Sat Nav it mentioned tyre pressures on the screen at one time.
close Charles, but no [smilie=chongin.gif] I'm afraid :(

the screen in the sat nav is to allow you to change the default diameter of the wheels.
Which is used to keep the "you are here" marker moving even when you're in a tunnel with no GPS reception.

That's Tunnel though, not CHunnel mind :wink:

#4 ·
That all depends on Honda putting the transmitters in the wheels.

I haven't had the thing long enough to check but would say if they were to go to the expense of fitting them to the wheels then they would definitely display them somewhere.

#7 ·
On Satnav screen, no.

If one tyre puressure is much lower than others, would VSA warning come on because it monitors each wheel rotation?
I tought that's how "indirect" tyre pressure monitor system worked, though now the "direct" method, with wheel trasmitter, seems to be more popular particularly in North America.

#8 ·
Ash - I don't think the VSA kicks in unfortunately :(

I had a puncture a few months back, and the pressure dropped down to about 10psi - no warnings though.

Admitedly I noticed fairly quicky and wasn't doing high speeds at the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.