2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know what tyre pressures to use with the 18" Storm's? My new 2.2EX has 225x40x18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's fitted and I cannot find any information on what pressure to use. The Honda manual says look inside the drivers door jam. There is no information inside any of the doors!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
The 16" and 17" are 34f 31 r with up to 5 passengers and luggage. 34f 38r with full load and pulling a caravan. I would 'phone customer service for the 18" if the dealer does'nt know.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
34/31 would be a good starting point - would be interesting to know what the dealer says.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I checked them today had 36/34. I have dropped them to 34/32 and will call the dealer in the morning.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer needed to go to Tec Support as they didn't know. The response was :
Normal use (Up to 4 passengers) : 36psi Front - 35psi Rear
Max load : 36psi Front - 42psi Rear.

If anyone needs to know in the future!

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I had a look at the car in the showroom yesterday there was a replacement sticker for the tyre pressures stuck over the standard one detailing the 18" pressures :?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Are 18" Wheels only an option in the uk? There dont seem to be many about with 18`s

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Just checked my tyre pressures. Very interesting :shock: front right 39psi, front left 36psi and both rears 34psi. Running on 16's. Door sticker says I should have 30psi in front and rear with passengers and luggage.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Just had a telling off from her in doors, I checked them after a 30 min drive... :oops:

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Yes its surprising what a difference it makes to the pressures, after a drive. Especially in this heat. If you were parked up, one side of the car could get more sun than the other. That could cause an imbalance. :wink:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I am not sure where the imbalance is manifesting itself the most. :lol: The car or the driver

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tyre pressure sensor

What with all the gadgets within the new Civic, is there a tyre pressure sensor built in that notifies the driver if the psi in a tyre drops?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Re: Tyre pressure sensor

lee said:
What with all the gadgets within the new Civic, is there a tyre pressure sensor built in that notifies the driver if the psi in a tyre drops?
No - you have to use the old fashioned methods (terrible shredding noise on the motorway, or slightly odd look as you walk up to the car). They're a PITA those things - they're in the wheel (a very hostile environment) and they're prone to not working very well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts