2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discussion thread for Tyre Pressures. If you would like to add a comment, click the New Reply button

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone has the 16" pressures would be good

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Took this picture the other day. Looking at it, I'm guessing there's loads of info on it. However I'm not too confident as to what these actually mean so I thought one of you guys might be able to fill in some of the blanks in the Wiki article.

pressures.JPG

Edit by Pottsy: Slightly clearer one:

pressures2.jpg

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
If I'm correct that's the spare tyre's pressures on the right.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Took this picture the other day. Looking at it, I'm guessing there's loads of info on it. However I'm not too confident as to what these actually mean so I thought one of you guys might be able to fill in some of the blanks in the Wiki article.

Copycat - that is from your 1.8 isn't it?

I entered the details for the 17" on the diesel, but they have been edited back to F:30 R:30 (from 34/31). I have PMd the person to see whether he has more info than me, but if not, I'll change them back again.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here is a list of Model, Engine and Tyre Sizes. We could then create an application table, if people could post their Tyre pressure ratings. Please don't forget to post both the Loaded and Towing pressures! This could then be put on a "Sticky" (If Pottsy has the time possibly!) Please.

Petrol

Type-S/ S GT = 225/45 R17
Type-R/ R GT = 225/40 R18

1.4 SE = 205/55 R16

1.8 SE/ ES = 205/55 R16
1.8 Sport/ EX = 225/45 R17

Diesel

Type-S/ S GT =225/45 R17

2.2 SE/ ES = 205/55 R16
2.2 Sport/ EX = 225/45 R17

·
Registered
2 Posts
make sure tyre pressure is exact !

got my new fk3 and did 0.4 bar above advice to reduce rolling resistance like i did on previous cars. i wondered why the car wont go straight, on fast autobahn turns (>160km/h) very unexact steering direction. i even got the car to the dealer to make sure all bolts and nuts from the suspension are tight and ok. they didnt find anything. i was pretty unhappy on fast rides until i reduced pressure to 2.4 front, 2.2 back as proposed on the badge.

so my experience is: follow the advice for the pressure exactly !

ps. i dont want to start a discussion about sens or nonsens of lifting tyre pressure, i just want to tell my experience. on other cars this might be a good idea, my civic does not like this.

have fun

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
After reading the info supplied here and checking the plate on the car I was surprised to find out that the tyre pressure was 4psi above for both front & rear tyres. Blimey what else might have been set incorrectly when I picked up this vehicle 10 weeks ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts