2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be doing a lot of spending on random bits lately. Put it here as it's Type R specific from what I remember?

Car never came with the kit and obviously don't have a spare wheel but off down to London in December and don't fancy being stuck with a flat. Will the below be perfectly happy do the job?

Saw something bout a Honda specific kit but a quick search and I couldn't find anything, a lot of people mentioned an inflator but I have one of those anyway.

Holts Tyreweld 500ml

You are the fountains of knowledge that I depend on in life, otherwise I would be stuck.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
I seem to be doing a lot of spending on random bits lately. Put it here as it's Type R specific from what I remember?

Car never came with the kit and obviously don't have a spare wheel but off down to London in December and don't fancy being stuck with a flat. Will the below be perfectly happy do the job?

Saw something bout a Honda specific kit but a quick search and I couldn't find anything, a lot of people mentioned an inflator but I have one of those anyway.

Holts Tyreweld 500ml

You are the fountains of knowledge that I depend on in life, otherwise I would be stuck.
That depends on the size of your puncture, it works great on small holes but not splits as I found out recenty after my Mrs potholed the motor... My oldest ran his 3 Series with it in two tyres (Worked on a building site) for almost a year no probs... Probably not recommended though... I think ASDA still have it on offer for £3.50 too....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, know it won't do much for anything other than a nail, was just so I at least had some sort of back up to limp it to a tyre place. I shall get some bought and in the boot if it's the same stuff. Thanks for your help mate.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am debating it, more to have it sat in the shed as I rarely go distance and like having somewhere to hide all the rubbish in my boot. Bit strapped for cash at the moment as well. If anyone wins the lottery and fancies buying me one....

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
I am debating it, more to have it sat in the shed as I rarely go distance and like having somewhere to hide all the rubbish in my boot. Bit strapped for cash at the moment as well. If anyone wins the lottery and fancies buying me one....
Fits in the space under the boot, it is made for this

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
You mean the second shelf bit under the carpet? Or is there another hide away that I don't know about?
Thats the one, when you lift the cover, it is the "secondary" space designed for the spacesaver, as has been said gunk will only work in limited situations, could be costly travelling on motorway to have a non repairable puncture and have to be towed off to get a new tyre

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, it is a bit of a gamble. I shall see how my fund goes. My photography gear sits in there so nicely though :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts