2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Type R in to my local Honda dealership to get the wiring loom re-call check out and as usual Honda carried out a health check. They informed myself that my can of tyre sealant expired back in August 2011 and its £60 to order a new one through them. Surely the can you can get in Halfords for under a tenner does the same job? Advise on what to do will be appreciated

Dan

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Took my Type R in to my local Honda dealership to get the wiring loom re-call check out and as usual Honda carried out a health check. They informed myself that my can of tyre sealant expired back in August 2011 and its £60 to order a new one through them. Surely the can you can get in Halfords for under a tenner does the same job? Advise on what to do will be appreciated

Dan
i'd never use tyre sealent myself (personal opinion) but i think you've answered your own question there...

tell honda to S*D OFF and get down to halfords :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd rather not use it myself but seems pointless to buy a spare wheel for £130 when you can only get a 17" space saver for a car which has 18" alloy as standard

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
I got mine last year and am certain it wasn't anywhere near that much else I wouldn't have told them to chase.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I'd rather not use it myself but seems pointless to buy a spare wheel for £130 when you can only get a 17" space saver for a car which has 18" alloy as standard
It's actually a 16" space saver, but with the tyre the diameter is the same as any other wheel (with tyre) so it will match the 18" alloys (within tolerance) :)

all explained in the Wiki - Tyres and Wheels - Civinfo Wiki

·
Premium Member
241 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Had mine replaced at the last service, just the bottle swap needed, not the kit, again about £25

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Had a puncture on the motorway and destroyed my Tyre, If I hadn't had a space saver I would have been stuffed. Put the gunk in the bin.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well after some digging I managed to find the part number for just the bottle of gunk which is 42771SMG024. The guy in Honda seemed genuinely shocked they sold it seperatly and thinks Honda head office dont shout about it as it earns them an extra £30 for free. Feel quite smug now for showing us civic owners are not stupid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts