2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya,

looking to replace the front tyres on my ctr and was wondering what the correct load rating is - I know this sounds daft but the tyres (Avons) that are on there now are 92 (XL) rated - but some of the "find my tyres" results on various sites come back with 88 and others with 92. Going to replace them with RE050A's so want to match whatever the factory spec is.

cheers
mosp :)

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
hiya,

looking to replace the front tyres on my ctr and was wondering what the correct load rating is - I know this sounds daft but the tyres (Avons) that are on there now are 92 (XL) rated - but some of the "find my tyres" results on various sites come back with 88 and others with 92. Going to replace them with RE050A's so want to match whatever the factory spec is.

cheers
mosp :)

88Y is factory spec RE050A's, don't think 92 would make much difference though.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
92 has a stiffer sidewall. I had 92's on my car when i bought them on the front..as soon as they needed replacing i went back to 88

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You will never tell the difference, pressures are more important than load rating (once past type approval and that they meet the minimium requirements of the car).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the responses - very helpful. Odd that my local tyre place has the 92's on at £20 a tyre less than the 88s!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts