2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Tyres a problem

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  alberto 
#1 ·
Hi, all had my new Type R a few days with rage 19" alloy's on took for a spin in wet for first time today, wheels spinning everywhere after not much acceleration Yokohamas on back and radial tyres (cheap obviously on front) thats what i bought with but good deal and will replace all, what do most of you guys have or use with theses wheels to cope with the front wheel drive,i am a mechanic myself but dont know and never dealt much with Hondas ,oil changes i would suspect every 6K?:)

#2 ·
Im currently running Falken FK452's and they have really good grip in the wet.

Im planning on ordering some syron race ones when my falkens are done.
They seem to be getting good reviews at the moment.

#5 ·
Cheers mate thanks for pointing me in right direction Falkens seem to have a good review as well like you've got on already, how often to you change oil and filters etc mate as i said previous new to Honda, had bmws, saabs sports editions and a few others but wanted this car :cool:and do my own stuff in between major services thanks.

#3 ·
No point in putting cheapy tyres on the front pal, I'm running potenzas all round and have immense grip and confidence in both wet and dry. It's also worth looking into getting your geometry done if your sliding around the place.

#10 ·
I'm running Eagle F1 A2's. Best tyres I've ever had, especially for wet grip.

Welcome buddy :)

#15 · (Edited)
I'm running Eagle F1 A2's. Best tyres I've ever had, especially for wet grip. Welcome buddy :)
Couldn't agree more - on my 1.8, I previously had Conti SC3s (17"), and I thought they were excellent - now running the Goodyear Eagle F1 A2s (18"), and they are just superb

Of course, being in Norway, I have a full set of Winter shoes as well, so I'll never know how the Goodyears perform on snow / ice - but, wet or dry, they just grip - and they are quiet

Oil-wise, any good fully synthetic reputable make - from 0w to 40, or anything in between - oil filter from Tegiwa (Hamp) and their magnetic sump plug

#11 ·
Eagle F1s for me too!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
You think you have traction issues....try a diesel ;)
conti sp3 - excellent grip snow/ice/wet/dry 12 months life noisy.
eagle f1 as2 - excellent grip wet/dry (crap on ice snow) 12-18 months life maybe quiet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.