2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, you could start to see them feather a bit, but it was only a short evening session (5-8.30pm) so they didn't get to ruined. After the motorway journey home, it bedded back in.

I ruined the PS4S fronts on my BMW on the ring last year after about 5-6 hard laps, totally blistered and torn up on the edges, had to buy a new set at a tyre place nearby. But they were nearly a year old anyway.

Not recommended for regular track work, unless it's wet.

I've got a spare set of alloys and they've got track tyres on them, so I'll either change them at home and drive to the track with tyres on, or take them in the boot if it looks like it might rain, then I've got wet and dry tyres. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
how was the outer edge? i found they got chewed up on the FK2R. noticably worn shoulder with heavy feathering. you'd probably eat the edges before the main tread wore down.
still better than the dunlop rt2's faired on track. those chunked and tore showing cords.
Out of curiosity what pressures were you running? Did you track the car as well?

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
depending on the conditions, i run 6-8psi lower than door sticker when cold.
as they heat up, they run a touch over door pressures.

i found thats a reasonable ball park pressure to go with as much more they seemed to reduced grip.

maybe the ps4s's just needed more pressure (i'm sure i tested with different pressures, but it was over a year ago since they last saw track). i've done the same PSI's on the cup2's and ar1's and neither have done the same on track.

Reactions: NPC

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bit the bullet nd got the Michelin Pilot sport 4 good tyre however the road noise is quite a bit worse then my budgets I had on previously. Stopped the wheel spin as much nd just grips. The traction control light doesn't flicker on when I'm planting it as much

21 - 24 of 24 Posts