2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First thing before I even think about getting on track I need to do a full service but also have to find replacement wheels and brakes.

After reading about the brakes, I think I will be going for the 4 pot brembo setup with ds2500 pads. Had 6 pot brembos on my a4 but they added a lot of weight. Stoptech disks and pads sound like a good setup, but I don't fancy paying £500 for discs each time. On track I do go through brakes quickly.

But, what would be the perfect wheel setup for 17s and 18s? When I mean perfect, something that wouldn't rub in heavy turns up/down the hill in a place like cadwell but also be as wide as possible to have more traction.

On 18s is 8 wide max I can squeeze in?
Et35 possible?

Or maybe 17s, 8.5" or even 9"wide?
I guess I shouldn't have a problem fitting 4pots under 17s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Spoon callipers and Mitsubishi Evo wheels.

Spoon callipers use OEM shaped pads so lots of different ones around to choose from, and OEM discs so again plenty of aftermarket choices... keeps costs down. Also, they are a hell of a lot lighter so reduce unsprung mass.

Mitsubishi Evo wheels 17x8 ET38 clear the brakes, cheap to buy and good tyre choices if you want. 225/45/17 or 235/45/17

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem with spoon calipers is their price though, but might be worth long term.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I have Spoon calipers but to be honest you'd pretty much get the same performance out of the DC5 Brembo calipers.

I also think you may have the £500 Stoptech disc price confused with the the 2 piece for their own BBK. Sure they are £150-200 for one piece needed for the Brembos.

I went for DBA 4000 T3 discs and Ferodo DS250, haven't had them fade once.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Spoon calipers but to be honest you'd pretty much get the same performance out of the DC5 Brembo calipers.

I also think you may have the £500 Stoptech disc price confused with the the 2 piece for their own BBK. Sure they are £150-200 for one piece needed for the Brembos.

I went for DBA 4000 T3 discs and Ferodo DS250, haven't had them fade once.

Hi, yes I meant the 2 piece discs kit from stoptech on 6 pot caliper. I doubt there will be much difference between the touring kit and 4 pot brembo. I think I prefer paying more for better discs and pads on brembo kit, rather than so much more just for spoon calipers. Unless I find used ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts