2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever had one of their magic seats not staying in the upright position. I've just tried and one side will work but the other side does not. It used to, but now will not. The car is less than 3 months old so no problem getting it fixed but just wondered if this was a known issue or someone had a simple cure. (hopefully the cure doesn't involve me stopping being stupid because I've forgotten to do something).
:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Anybody ever had one of their magic seats not staying in the upright position. I've just tried and one side will work but the other side does not. It used to, but now will not. The car is less than 3 months old so no problem getting it fixed but just wondered if this was a known issue or someone had a simple cure. (hopefully the cure doesn't involve me stopping being stupid because I've forgotten to do something).
:eek:
I use mine a lot and have never had a problem. make sure the seat belt does`nt get caught in the mechanism as that could prevent it locking

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
make sure the bar that connects to the floor is folded into the seat?

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
The seat back has to be pressed right back before folding up the support, otherwise the locking mechanism doesn't engage properly.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I see that you got some good advice here, and I can only add that from time to time I have felt that it was not locking (even thought it was a problem with it). Then I have folded it down again and started over making sure that the seat is pushed back before folding the support.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, I'll give all of these tips a go. The funny thing is that the other side of the back seat works perfectly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We only picked our car up today, but I noticed that you have to push the off-side seat to squash the seat padding a bit more than the near-side one before it locks in place.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just tried the above suggestions, noticed that the action of moving the lever downwards does not have the stiffness of the working side, so it looks like a trip to the dealers

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
We only picked our car up today, but I noticed that you have to push the off-side seat to squash the seat padding a bit more than the near-side one before it locks in place.
Mine is like that, I think it is because that seat is bigger, just have to give it an extra shove before locking the bar down. :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts