2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to adjusting my clock from British Summer Time - and it won't.

Pressed the clock button and the display flashes as per the book, but when I press preset 1, 2 or 3 nothing happens. (the hours/minutes don't change). I have adjusted it in the past - so it did work, once!

Anybody have any suggestions? Leaving it until the end of March is not one!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Isn't it supposed to do it automatically, or is that just the EX?

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Just the EX. I remember we discussed this a few months ago.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arent you supposed to change the time from the next track button? or am i just missing something? :D

Cheers pikkumies - I'll try it tomorrow. If you are right (expected :)) the issue is down to Honda giving me a later owners book which is about 15% thinner. (replacement as the first fell apart!)

I wondered what was different :oops:

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Finally got around to adjusting my clock from British Summer Time - and it won't.

Pressed the clock button and the display flashes as per the book, but when I press preset 1, 2 or 3 nothing happens. (the hours/minutes don't change). I have adjusted it in the past - so it did work, once!

Anybody have any suggestions? Leaving it until the end of March is not one!
Miggins -

If you have the same radio as I have in my Sport, you've been suckered, like I was, by the misleading manual. It's buttons 4 and 5 that adjust the clock, not 1 and 2 as stated.

KevinF.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Miggins -

If you have the same radio as I have in my Sport, you've been suckered, like I was, by the misleading manual. It's buttons 4 and 5 that adjust the clock, not 1 and 2 as stated.

KevinF.

Cheers Kevin - Whilst waiting patiently for my good lady to finish shopping this morning, I noticed the buttons with 'M' 'H' and 'R' on them - doh!!!!!!
Now sorted - thanks.

Honda,
This is a criminal oversight even for an amateur proof reader - the stupid thing is the manual is nearly a year younger than my car but I expect the original manual is the same!!!

I'm going back to my original ways - RTFB never works!!!!

(wouldn't it be nice if Honda actually looked through these threads and once in a while passed comment? ;))

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
the stupid thing is the manual is nearly a year younger than my car but I expect the original manual is the same!!!

Miggins - Your expectation is correct. To which I must add that not only is our 11 month old manual flawed, so too is our 11 month old car - the radio is still deaf and unable to reliably use RDS data to re-tune itself. Don't say much, does it, that Panasonic seems unable to deliver a viable fix for a challenge solved by other car radio manufacturers over a decade ago? Nor does it say much that Honda continues to sell a £17k car with such a poor radio.

Glad you fixed the clock thing.

KevinF.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you fixed the clock thing.KevinF.
Yes but will I remember how in 2 months time ;)

I believe our forum does play a major part in identifying issues to Honda and I'm sure they read it but we need more weight/publicity via consumer TV and Radio programs ;). It is only when the threat becomes serious will they sit up and take notice.

Currently I don't believe the loss in sales comes any where near the potential cost of rectification.

I do know someone who threatened to sit outside a Nissan dealers and protest - she had her car repaired for free - even though I know it was her fault - typical!!!

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I believe our forum does play a major part in identifying issues to Honda and I'm sure they read it but we need more weight/publicity via consumer TV and Radio programs ;). It is only when the threat becomes serious will they sit up and take notice.
Interesting. PM for you.

KevinF.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I've just noticed that it even says "H" and "M" on the buttons...

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
generationgav,
You are getting as bad as me

...Whilst waiting patiently for my good lady to finish shopping this morning, I noticed the buttons with 'M' 'H' and 'R' on them - doh!!!!!!
Appreciate the effort :)

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Administrator
21,239 Posts
I believe our forum does play a major part in identifying issues to Honda
At least this forum is identifying and reporting all known problems to each other.

Once mine arrives I will be checking the radio reception, looking for a leaky tailgate and testing the internal mic.

Anything else ?

·
Registered
336 Posts
the stupid thing is the manual is nearly a year younger than my car but I expect the original manual is the same!!!

Miggins - Your expectation is correct. To which I must add that not only is our 11 month old manual flawed, so too is our 11 month old car - the radio is still deaf and unable to reliably use RDS data to re-tune itself. Don't say much, does it, that Panasonic seems unable to deliver a viable fix for a challenge solved by other car radio manufacturers over a decade ago? Nor does it say much that Honda continues to sell a £17k car with such a poor radio.

Glad you fixed the clock thing.

KevinF.
Make sure you have A-SEL turned off on the Radio, it worked wonders for me with the RDS reception.

Ian

1 - 20 of 21 Posts