2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

i have a 06' Civic FK2 Sport

Recently I noticed, that when I pres the Lock button on the key, nothing happens, so today I finally checked if the car is locked anyway - no it is not. I can lock with the key itsself from the drivers door and it locks everything. The remote unlocks the car. Just doesn't lock it. Battery is new. Red light on the remote flashes when pressing "Lock".

Do you have any ideas where to search the issue?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Make sure all the doors are closed, including the boot, it won't remote lock if one isn't shut properly

·
Shake n Bake
810 Posts
Took me a little time to work this out the first time. Setting off and not shutting the tailgate properly is another annoying one....bing bing every bump.

·
Alabaster FTW
1,607 Posts
I today found the exact opposite, key fob won't open car? Red light comes on key fob and can here a clunking of sorts but doors remain locked.
Open and closed with key but alarm now off?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I today found the exact opposite, key fob won't open car? Red light comes on key fob and can here a clunking of sorts but doors remain locked.
Open and closed with key but alarm now off?
I had this problem, turned out to be low battery in the fob.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I had this even with the doors shut, I had to open and close the drivers door to fix it, maybe it wasnt slammed shut properly?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts