2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having some trouble setting up my HFT system.

When I press the phone button, the sat-nav screen shows a phone icon, then after a short while it says "No phones could be found, returning to main menu" over the speakers

I read the HFT section in the user manual, and so I press the voice command icon, it beeps and I say "phone set up". It then beeps once more and just goes back to radio.

Other voice commands such as ones related to radio etc seem to work fine, but I cannot get the phone setup to work.

I do NOT hear a "pardon" or "please repeat" message, just a beep and then it goes back to whatever it was doing before.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I should mention, I currently have no sat-nav installed. It says "DVD not installed, please insert DVD to continue" whenever I start the car.
Pressing the "audio" button takes me to the radio menu just fine but I have no idea if the DVD affects more than just the sat-nav stuff.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
To pair the phone you need to have both the car system and your phone both in discovery mode at the same time.

Regarding the missing DVD, this is a nasty trait that some Civic sellers do and then sell the DVD separately for minimal profit.

There's DVD information in the Supporters section.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i'm getting a CD from the supporters section, should have it by the end of the week :)

With the phone though, I know that both need to be in discovery mode, the problem is getting the car into discovery mode. When I use the voice commands and say "phone set up" nothing happens. It just beeps at me once more and then goes back to the radio

·
4,004 Posts
I have a suspicion that you need the nav DVD in place for the HFT to work. Not 100% sure though.
Try it again when you have the DVD and please report back for future reference as to whether the DVD IS needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts