2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken a 2012 golf gti edition 35 on test drive and loved it, decided to part ex my 07 type r gt with 29,000 miles and full service history (very good condition apart from a few stone chips) this is where things get interesting.

£4,100 part ex for my civic:confused: (still owe £5k)

Wait it gets better

The golf is £26,000
Add my existing finance on the civic = £31,000
Minus the £4,100 part ex = £26,900

Still with me??

So £26,900 financed over 5 years equals a total repayment off ........................

£39,850,

To be honest I was put off once they offered me a pittance part ex but the amount of interest is shocking, living on a island means I can't just go to a different VW dealer so going to stick with the civic till something else comes up.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never mind Gti crap mate, take the rs megane out, you'll be impressed
Used to work in a Renault/Toyota/Lexus dealership and must say I loved the rs but they are everywhere over here :(

·
Administrator
15,507 Posts
Just having a dig at wanner mate.;)

That's a poor price they offered, do they think they can take advantage because your on an island?
Hey dobe pack it in :D, anyway lightweight, stop making excuses and get that kit applied;)

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just having a dig at wanner mate.;)

That's a poor price they offered, do they think they can take advantage because your on an island?

No dig intended, both are fantastic cars i just like to stand out :D

I think it was because I was besotted with the golf they thought they could make some easy ££££, their faces dropped when I started adding my monthly payments to see how much I was paying in total. I just stood up and they followed me across the showroom saying they can do me a good deal which resulted in me developing serious Tourette's for a few minutes :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
15,507 Posts
Lol well done for walking away although tempting when you want a new car you'll pay anything. But £31k for a Gti is just a no no. I had a new one a few yrs back and sold it after 18mts. So boring. Not slagging it but 20k maybe then yes

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
My previous was a mk5 golf they are comfy but since owning a type r i realise they are boring to drive, saying that a week before my ctr i looked at a mk5 r32 and would still like to own one. So if i had to get rid it would be for the r32 and a twin turbo :TTurbo:

·
Seat/ Stick Interface
252 Posts
Mate, I took my 10 plate CTR into a VW garage the other day with a view to a GTDi Golf and they offered me nearly £2.5k less than pretty much anywhere else. Must be a VW thing.

I just couldn't get into the interiors of VWs, they bore the crap out of me, and considering I'll be spending a good proportion of my life in the car I don't want to be sent to sleep by looking at the dash ;)

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Mate of mine agrees that even though he loves his MK 5 R32 the CTR is the better drivers car. Have to say myself the R32 (having driven his) is alot of fun with that much raw power but completly different to the civic.

·
Grumpy Old Git ;)
362 Posts
If I was after a small performance hatchback I would go for a BMW 1 Series 3-door 125d, 218hp 0-60 6.5 seconds and 55+ mpg! Or even the M135i rear wheel drive FUN!!

Sent from my phone!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts