2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure what its called but its the aluminium looking one at the front of the car that seems to drop on one side every service, i assume a new bolt would fix this? ive noticed a few civics suffer from it. Anyone know what type of bolt/ screw is needed?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think you're referring to the aluminium 'window' in the undertray that you can remove for oil changes. It is held in place by 5 or 6 screws. I have mine cable tied in place because the crews kept coming undone. I just cut the cable ties when I do an oil change.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
sorry to jump in but can this service tray rattle and make a noise like a loose heatshield?

Every so often when accelerating in second I get like a rasping (loose heatshield) sound from the front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Recently found my aluminium tray loose. At th elast service (Honda) they must have just done the bolts up until they stopped, about half in. This meant the tray was moving up and down.
I had to retap the holes as they were full of dirt and replace the bolts with new ones. One threaded insert was broken out of the plastic, replaced with self tapper.
The bolts are M6 thread , do not know length but guess at 12mm. You do not want them too long as the exposed thread will get dirty and stop the bolt undoing. I used copper slip to protect the threads.
I imagine that this is a common problem and have seen on other makes.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, might try the cable tie idea as it only seems to be the one screw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts