2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I've experienced some uneven throttle lately, when giving hard throttle up against vtec, or power drop if that explains it better? When driving normal, it does not happen. Could the hks kit be the cause of this, that the air sensor needs calibration or something? :)

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Sounds like a flat spot. As you put your foot to the floor and the revs climb does the power feel like it's not pulling for about 500rpm and then carries on?

Quite normal on a HKS around 3000rpm and can be tuned out.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happens around 3000 rpm yes, the rev kinda bounce down before it goes up to normal again. Har to explain this in english, but I hope you understand. :)

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a flat spot. As you put your foot to the floor and the revs climb does the power feel like it's not pulling for about 500rpm and then carries on?

Quite normal on a HKS around 3000rpm and can be tuned out.
Tuned out how? :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
No I'm afraid not, but if tuning or mods is your thing then really it's the first item to buy. There is a drop down tab that lets you select what mods you have that simplify it a little, but as it rewrites the Ecu, to recalibrate engine sensors to the mods your car has,

Extremely cleaver bit of kit but could it would be possible for a button basher to do damage to their engine. You really need to go to hondata or on here to see the tuning of this box. I believe it gives a stock car 3hp for free as it smooths all the Ecu mapping.

I don't own one but I'm sure I'm fairly correct

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I'm afraid not, but if tuning or mods is your thing then really it's the first item to buy. There is a drop down tab that lets you select what mods you have that simplify it a little, but as it rewrites the Ecu, to recalibrate engine sensors to the mods your car has,

Extremely cleaver bit of kit but could it would be possible for a button basher to do damage to their engine. You really need to go to hondata or on here to see the tuning of this box. I believe it gives a stock car 3hp for free as it smooths all the Ecu mapping.

Aight, good answer :) But leaving it as it is, will this damage the engine in some way? Or is it just not fuel effecient?

·
Premium Member
303 Posts

No increase in BHP with group N map that comes with flashpro....but it does eliminate 95% of the rev-overhang when changing gears,which is worth £500 on its own:wink3:

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
i know this has already been covered on this site somewhere but is the flash pro compatible with a honda civic type gt 1.8 ivetc 2008

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
It won't damage your engine mate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts