2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all!

I am new to this forum, and have joined to try and find out what is wrong with a friend's 55 plate Honda Civic. Please excuse me therefore if this is in the wrong section.

I don't really know any of the symptoms except that it is showing the following massive orange warning light. Any ideas as she did not receive an Owner's Handbook / Manual with the car?

Any help greatly appreciated - many thanks.

David

·
Registered
140 Posts
water in fuel filter - diesel only warning symbol... p457 of manual also says may be caused by air in fuel system

also.. you can turn on system warning messages for some symbols (including this one) via the info / sel / reset buttons

·
Registered
141 Posts
Symbol means 'Water in Fuel Filter' only happens to diesel models.
May need a trip to Honda to have the fuel filter checked to drain the water.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
If she has just bought the car, take it back to the dealer to drain the water from the fuel filter,it maybe that the car has been stood for a while. If it was a honda dealer, insist that she gets a handbook, she would have got one if it was a honda dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is awesome lads - many many thanks. :p

A little over 45 minutes from posting to solving the problem - well OK maybe not solving it, but certainly identifying the reason for the light. ;)

I will pass on your diagnosis and your thoughts to my friend, and many thanks again for being so helpful.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
That is awesome lads - many many thanks. :p

A little over 45 minutes from posting to solving the problem - well OK maybe not solving it, but certainly identifying the reason for the light. ;)

I will pass on your diagnosis and your thoughts to my friend, and many thanks again for being so helpful.
as said previously, it is possible to change the display setting so it tells you the warning in words.
Press and hold the INFO button on the steering wheel, then press and release it until you set CHG SETTING displayed. Press INFO until you see WARNING MESSAGE and then press SEL/RESET. You should then get the error in words.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts