2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is the wrong place - it's my first post. My wife has an 8 week old 2.2 iCTDi Sport and we're very pleased.

However, a useful feature on my Audi and our previous Fords / VWs is that the 'first press' of the remote unlock button only opens the driver's door and not the others - useful in multi-storey car parks etc.

This is 'user configurable' on Fords and the Civic manual implies that it is available 'in some markets', I asked the dealer and they said it wasn't a configuration option.

Having read this thread it seems that many things are possible with the right knowledge.... so I thought I'd ask !

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
not available :(

yet - but we're all still hopeful that this is the sort of thing we could set, as and when some very clever person somewhere comes up with a system to read and write to the Civic brain.

Other marques have this sort of software available - but nothing yet for our Civics :(

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Central locking

Had not heard of this before,should maybe be an added security feature on all cars.:idea:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I must be in the minority here. My Corsa has the drivers door then passenger door and boot on 2nd click thing and I hate it.

I always forget the 2nd click and keep having to lean over to open the passenger door from the driving seat, or get cought out with a locked boot when I have an arm-full of shopping.

·
Registered
64 Posts
On my old ford you had the choice. You could either have all doors opened on first press, or first press drivers door, second all other doors.

Shame Honda missed this one :(

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
On my old ford you had the choice. You could either have all doors opened on first press, or first press drivers door, second all other doors.

Shame Honda missed this one :(
Yep, my wife's Fiesta has this and can be turned on or off in the set up menu.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Be nice if the tailgate would open, all the way, like on the Accord Est.

So it seems as though they know how to do it.

't would be great outside Tesco's.

"I was kicked out of the Scouts for eating a Brownie!"

Charles H.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts