2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one else have this problem?

The Visible Indentification Number is slowly becoming "invisible" as it is disapearing behind a ever growing collection of water droplets behind the winscreen and is now unreadable. I haven't a clue where it is coming from (external or internal - condensation). It won't be long before new life forms start evolving in there!

Attachments

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Tamar, that's inside the car so the front window is misting up and getting cleared but not clearing that far forward (short journeys ?) or you're getting all hot and sweaty inside:eek:.
With all this rain recently (in the UK) it does take a little while to dry everything out; so if you don't have the inside warm enough to dry it all out that might be the cause.
I haven't checked mine, but I will in daylight tomorrow ;)

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Tamar, I am in the same part of the world as you so suffer the same amount of rain. My vin number is perfectly clear and has never had a build up of condensation.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I'm sorry for resurrecting this old thread. I thought I'd rather not start a new one so here goes.

I have the same 'problem' as above. Tamar, did you go to your dealer with this? If so, what did they say?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Copycat,

No I did not need to go to the Dealer with this as the initial responses were correct in that the water was entirely due to condensation at the bottom of the windscreen. Unfortunately as this area is out of sight when viewing from inside the car you are not aware that you have a build of condensation until you look at the VIN from the outside.

I cured this by driving around for a few days with the clear windscreen function pernamently selected on the air conditioning controls and now tend to run with this on if ever I am doing any short journeys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Tamar,
I would also check that no water is getting into the cabin area through faulty door seals if the moisture returns.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
So I take it this may be a symptom of the boot leaking. It did clear up that same day after I drove around for a bit. I went to my dealer with this and they said they'd contact me after they get a response from the factory whether this is normal or not. I'll post here whatever response they get.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Right'o, forgot this altogether. Well thanks Glass Spider for linking Eutai's question here.

The response I got was to see if there's any pattern to it. Rather than just right away removing the windscreen and whatnot. As I said it did clear up later that day after driving for a while. Can't say that I've noticed it happen after that. Not that I'd been looking every day or anything. :)

As soon as I get my car back (!) - I'll continue monitoring the moisture.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello!

Now I'm in the right thread. I visited my dealer last friday, to ask him, why there water or condensation gets behind the windscreen where the VIN is. :confused:

He dismounted the "plastic box", where the windscreen washer jets are, so we can see whats happening.

The windscreen is bonded above the VIN-number. So the water and condensation can get easily into the space between the foam strips and the really bonding material of the windscreen. My dealer just said, it is normal...

I hope, you understand me... :rolleyes:

Greetings

1 - 9 of 9 Posts