2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I have noticed an unusual exhaust noise coming from my 1.8 i-vtec with 20,000 on the clock.

Its making an unusual exhaust note which i realised and heard after a 200 miles round trip the other day, it could have been doing this for ages but only noticed it yesterday. The right side exhaust sounds really blowy and chuggy and the left side sounds a bit better. I have also noticed poor performance recently aswell... just the car does not feel right atm.

Please listen to the video above, it was taken at night just after a 200 mile round trip so engine was fully warm and was plenty of fuel in the tank.

Any help muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
On the rhs exhaust there's a hole before the exit. This I think is to clear crap out (heard elsewhere) but imo, I think its to give a fake subtle note. It sounds a little rough when cold, but soon goes. If your in a tunnel with the window down and down shift, it sounds a bit primal ?

Late to the show as usual!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine's the same, I'm pretty sure it's that hole to let the 'crap' out
(what is in specifically the right exhaust of a honda civic that isn't in any other exhaust ever made, I don't know)

My brother enjoys telling me at every chance that my exhaust is blowing :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Sounds good around 6k revs though ?

Late to the show as usual!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts